Graduate Developers (Java)
- Competitive Salary and Discretionary Annual Bonus
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Eclipse Trading
- 16 Jan 17
Are you looking for a role where your work will be used in actual production, and be crucial to the success of the business? The successful candidate will start with a comprehensive 8-weeks training program in our Hong Kong headquarters followed by ongoing on-the-job training, where you will rotate through our various IT teams before starting as a Graduate Developer with mentorship from a “buddy” specifically assigned to you.
You will get to work at a leading options market maker in Asia and will learn from an experienced team of software engineers working at the cutting edge of technology.
For our growing team in Hong Kong, we are looking for Graduate Java Software Developers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop our in house trading system software, including functionality such as order management, position keeping, pricing and risk management
- Participate in testing and code reviews
- Interact with trading & quant teams to gather system requirements
- Provide Tier 3 support for those applications
What you offer
- Recent graduate with Bachelor, Master or Ph.D in Computer Science, or other related disciplines with a strong emphasis on programming
- Demonstrable development experience in Java, preferably from significant academic project work, open source contributions or professional work experience. Please summarize your development experience and provide a link if applicable.
- A passion for financial markets; however detailed knowledge and experience is NOT required
- Experience with network socket programming and the Linux kernel a plus
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve complex problems
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
What we offer
- A diverse, multinational company with a young, informal atmosphere
- A dynamic work environment where the focus is on getting things done efficiently instead of working long hours every day
- A flat management structure, where everyone’s voice is valued
- A hands-on experience in the most exciting part of the financial industry
- An attractive benefits package where your contribution will be rewarded handsomely in line with our performance-based remuneration
If you want to work in a fast paced trading environment and where you will be rewarded on your results, then joining us will be a positive and significant first step in your career.
The application deadline is 31 March, 2017. Assessments are being conducted on an on-going basis so please submit your application as soon as possible.
How to Apply
Please send us your resume (in PDF or MS Word format) and your cover letter, by submitting to the below link:
All information provided will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes
For further information, please visit our website: http://www.eclipseoptions.com
Due to the high number of responses that we receive, we are only able to respond to successful applicants.