Inhouse legal counsel
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Unicorn Advisor (HK) Limited
- 23 Sep 16
A very large asset manaer is looking for an inouse legal counsel for its HK office and they are looking for someone with below requirements: 1. 5-8 years’ experience at a law firm with experience in investment management/corporate matters and/or in the legal department of an investment management firm.; 2. Deep knowledge of securities laws in developed markets; 3. Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to tactfully influence and persuade and ability to work well with members from their head office and other departments; 4. Native Mandarin speaker is preferred.
1. Assist with legal matters related to the company's business, with a particular emphasis on equity markets;
2. Also expected to assist with various general corporate matters, including matters related to corporate governance and structure;
3. Review, draft, negotiate and manage a wide variety of contracts, such as investment management agreements, administrative services agreements, and trading-related agreements (including OTC derivatives agreements, cleared derivatives agreements and futures agreements);
4. Track regulatory developments impacting the company's business, including commenting on rule proposals.