Institutional Securities Documentation, Documentation Negotiator - Vice President
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 25 Sep 16
See job description for details
Institutional Securities Documentation is a global team consisting of approximately 140 people based in several locations (including New York, London, Hong Kong, Budapest and Tokyo).
The current opening is for a professional within the Hong Kong based team with responsibility for documentation aspects of OTC derivative transactions and lending transactions in the Asia ex Japan region.
• Prepare and negotiate ISDA agreements (and any related credit support arrangements and trade confirmations) with institutional clients (including hedge funds, mutual funds, insurance companies, etc.).
• Prepare and negotiate global master repurchase agreements and any ancillary documentation for repurchase relationships.
• Review and analyze legal documentation to determine capacity and authority to enter into OTC derivatives transactions and repurchase transactions.
• Liaise with clients, business units, external legal counsel, risk management and other infrastructure groups within the firm (e.g. Operations, Tax, Credit, etc).
• Drafting term sheets and confirmations in respect of new product structures.
• Actively participate in industry working group calls.
• Actively participate in global team projects on initiatives such as IT, risk management, system development and regulatory-driven projects.
• Assist in the development of policies, procedures and systems.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; be prepared to speak to clients (internal and external) at all times
• Proficiency in English is a must. Mandarin speaking and writing skills preferred but not a must.
• Good team player
• A law degree and legal qualification is advantageous.
• Solid quantitative skills and strong interest in business, economics and law.
• Willingness and ability to provide quality service to the Firm's clients and to promote and enhance the Morgan Stanley franchise.
• Willingness to work in dynamic trading floor environment and the ability to excel under pressure.
• Proficiency and interest in technology and systems development.
• Organized, pro-active, ability to multi-task and work efficiently, detail-oriented and self-sufficient.