Java Developer, US$3b Hedge Fund, Working closely with strategists and business, Equity derivatives, front office
- Competitive with high bonus
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- TEKsystems Hong Kong
- 27 Feb 17
My client, a London based hedge fund, is looking for a strong java developer. This role will work closely with the business and develop all sorts of systems for them including front office,middle office and back office. You will also get exposure to every asset class possible.
- Develop components required for the rollout of order management systems.
- Provide L3 support on a rotation basis
- Liaise with other front office development teams to agree and document design of interrelated functions.
- Ensure code is rigorously tested before deployment to QA.
- 5+ years of experience in software development.
- Strong Core Java (J2SE) skills.
- Practical experience of using Core Java, Multithreading, Collections, OOPS, etc.
- PL/SQL - basic database knowledge, knowledge about object-oriented databases a plus
- Schemas, JMX, JUnit, Eclipse, Oracle, SQL (DDL, DML), XML
- Unix fundamentals
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Capable of meeting tight deadlines and working under pressure/multi-tasking
- Strong sense of personal responsibility