Loan Team Manager / Senior Team Head FI Credit Underwriting
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo Bank
- 26 Sep 16
This position is in Global Financial Institutions. The Senior Loan Team Manager is responsible for a large portfolio of Asian financial institutions (primarily banks) in emerging and developed markets (excluding the Subcontinent) and multilateral institutions globally.
Primary responsibilities include:
(1) Managing the Credit Underwriting Team TRAMS as the 1st LTM, which includes the 2nd LTM (direct report) and a team of credit analysts (as indirect reports), which are located in Chennia / India (under EGS corporate umbrella), and Hong Kong
(2) First point of contact for the Area Head for new transactions, clients or renewal of lines for existing clients.
(3) Managing the region's counterparty annual review process including reviewing the credit underwriting packages produced by the credit analysts
(4) Approving credit limits and transactional requests within delegated approval authority
(5) Continuously monitoring the approved credit exposure and financial condition of assigned counterparties and ensuring the risk ratings are accurate and timely
(6) Supporting relationship managers and other senior officers with structuring, pricing and documentation of transactions (often in conjunction with the GFI International Credit Products Group)
(6) Preparing and reviewing reports on portfolio performance for senior management and participating in senior management briefings
(7) Ensuring conformity with GFI, Wells Fargo and regulatory policies
Market Skills and Certifications
7+ years credit experience and 4+ years management experience.
- 5+ years credit experience of underwriting and approving credit limits for financial institutions, particularly banks
- 2 years of management experience
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to work under tight deadlines
- Good knowledge of GFI and capital markets products and services, and current economic and political events and issues affecting banks in main emerging markets
- Strong interpersonal skills & proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred; MBA/CFA preferred but not required
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.