Manager, Credit Risk
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 11 Sep 16
Please view Job Description for details.
Standard Chartered is a leading international bank operating in some of the most dynamic markets in the world, in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Our successful and sustainable business is built on doing tangible, long term good for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
- To support the development of superior product offerings to customers to improve customers' satisfaction and brand loyalty.
- To support growth in portfolio and market share, and to help support quality fulfillment of promises to the customer.
- To maximize shareholder's value through effective credit management to ensure balanced risk-reward trade-off.
- To manage an acceptable level of credit loss and to maximize economic profits for the Business through good growths.
- To support the reduction of credit operation costs through improvement in efficiency and effectiveness of credit operation processes/ strategies.
- To maintain good portfolio quality through sound management of credit policies, development, maintenance and execution of state of the art quantitative credit MIS for portfolio monitoring.
- To ensure effective portfolio monitoring mechanisms are in place, including early warning mechanisms, stress tests and contingency plans.
- To develop, implement and monitor effective risk management tools to improve data-based credit decision.
- To ensure good control mechanisms are in place throughout the credit cycle processes, and to ensure satisfactory audit clearance.
- To support knowledge/success transfer to regional countries.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Business / Product Development:
- To support business / product developments by providing feedbacks and information relating to prospective target market segment risks.
- To assist formulating credit policies/ developing product programs to support new business/product launches.
- To provide necessary portfolio analyses and credit performance forecasts with the Business to ensure good growth.
- To assist refining/formulating policies to reflect changes in risk/ competitive dynamics in the market place.
- To support marketing programs launches through effective management of program risks and profitability.
- To monitor programs approval rates/portfolio performance and help maximize approval rates/portfolio revenue without compromise in new accounts/portfolio quality.
- To review and ensure that Product Programs are renewed on timely basis.
- To support to develop, implement and monitor the use of application/behaviors scorecards and other risk management tools/systems
- To support process streamline in credit operations to ensure a more efficient workflow without compromise in controls.
- To support the development of management information systems, which from the statistical base for the formulation and modification of credit policies.
- To coordinate with Product / Credit Initiation / Operations / Finance teams to ensure timely reporting of related new business information to senior management.
Qualifications and Skills
- 3-6 years of experience in retail lending risk management
- Strong analytical mindset, good problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Possesses sharp judgment and ability to make prompt and reliable recommendations to management under tight timelines.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 09/10/2016. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Third Party Applications
Please note: Applications from third parties are not accepted unless by invitation.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.