Market Risk Officer
Are you independent and self-driven? Do you have sharp analytical skills? We're looking for someone like that who can:
• play a key role in risk oversight of the Asian Equity business. Responsibilities include daily risk reporting, monitoring, and escalation where required
• ensure that all risk-taking activities (including market risk and delegated consequential risks) in the assigned Equity trading portfolios are identified, assessed and monitored
• analyze and explain changes in risk/reward profile of the relevant portfolio and report this to trading and senior management
• review and implement new business initiatives/regulatory changes (e.g. FRTB)
• approve trades/transactions, limits and excesses within delegated market risk authority and in accordance with internal policies
• Work closely with Trading, Quantitative Risk Control, Credit, Legal, Compliance and Finance to ensure alignment to a best practice control environment
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
You'll be working in the APAC Equities Market Risk team within Group Risk Control. You'll be based in Hong Kong and work with your colleagues across Asia Pacific, specifically in Hong Kong, Seoul and Sydney. You'll also be part of the global Equities market risk division, contributing to global projects and initiatives.
Your experience and skills
• a quantitative academic background, ideally to have studied Mathematics, Applied Finance or Engineering
• experience in a comparable market risk role covering equities and with exposure to structured product portfolios.
• a knack of being able to quickly and accurately interpret large data volumes into practical management information
• fluency in an Asian language ideally in Chinese with written proficiency beneficial in the role
• able to prioritize effectively whilst working in a fast paced environment
• curious about international financial markets and the commercial impacts of their movements
• up to date on current and upcoming regulatory reform relevant to this area of market activity
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer talented people around the world a supportive, stimulating and diverse working environment. We'll value your passion and commitment. And reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.