Operations HK, Call Back Team, Asia IWM Operations, Associate
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 25 Sep 16
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
The Asia International Wealth Management Operations Callback team is responsible for supporting the independent callback function for International Wealth Management (IWM) business units in Hong Kong and Singapore.
The Asia IWM Callback team supports IWM Asia business units activities and has responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Manage internal and external fraud risks related to asset transfers, client static data changes and account dormancy through support of independent callback process.
- Providing value-added client service to the business
- Ensuring that all operational risks are recognised and managed.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing independent callback requests from the business.
- Initiate outgoing calls to the client together with the Sales Team and performing the role of an independent party to authenticate the clients identity and request.
- Participate or perform independent callback for changes to client contact information, specimen signature and asset transfers
- Ensure that client instructions are complete and required documents are duly completed prior to conducting a callback
- Verify client account details using internal systems and determining if there are exceptions which require Client Identification Validation (CIV) to be performed
- Extract and prepare the CIV questions/answers based on client profile and account(s), from relevant systems/repositories
- Liaise with business to clarify any discrepancies
- Escalate any risk issues to management *LI-HL1
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- 3-5 years experience in banking operations (preferably cash/security processing)
- Attention to detail, accuracy & quality
- A high level of personal commitment
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Able to work in a fluid team environment and within tight deadlines
- Prepared to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- An understanding of risk management and escalation
- Ability to exercise appropriate discretion in performing CIV callbacks, based on client profile
- Ability to converse in English, Mandarin and Cantonese