Operations HK, Operations Divisional Management, Associate
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 24 Sep 16
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
The Asia Operations Divisional Management team is the primary team working directly with the Asia Head of Operations and Asia Operations Senior Management Committee, from both a regional and functional perspective. Key areas include:
- Regional Governance - E.g. Reporting, Planning Sessions, Business Reviews
- People Agenda - E.g. People Agenda Reviews, Analyst Program, Open Forums, Communications
- Regional Initiatives - E.g. Regional Regulatory Initiatives
- Financials - E.g. Regional Financials Analysis, Space Management, Flexible Working
- Functional Silo Business Management - E.g. Budgeting & Forecasting, Functional Financial Analysis, Expense Governance
- Others - Any other priority or key initiatives where support is required, based on business priority / key focus areas.
The Associate will primarily support the Asia Ops Business Manager in, and (where applicable) take ownership and drive, the following areas and initiatives listed below.
Given the nature of the team and role, the coverage and scope of the role is expected to change on an ongoing basis along with the rest of the team, with exposure to a wide variety of initiatives and areas. The Associate is expected to be able to provide independent thought and input to existing processes, offer suggestions for improvements on an ongoing basis, and take the lead in driving and implementing change where possible.
1) Regional Governance
Monthly & Quarterly Management Packs, Ad Hoc Management Reporting.
2) People Agenda
Monthly People Strategy Pack, Communications Initiatives & Events, Analyst Program: Regional Committee & Hong Kong Program, People Engagement, Training.
3) Regional Initiatives
Monthly & Quarterly Reporting, Space Management & Strategy.
5) Silo Business Management
Budgeting & Forecasting, Expense & Headcount Tracking, Capacity Management, Silo Business Management Guidance / Support.
The role will be based in Hong Kong, and is expected to interact significantly with Ops partners and stakeholders across the region, as well as collaborate with Global (EMEA / NA) counterparts on a frequent basis.
- 2+ years of work experience in the Financials industry.
- Strong communication and networking skills.
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders.
- Analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional presentation skills.
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint (Advanced).
- Ability to proactively drive initiatives.
- Ability to both work independently and in a team, and with stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Experience working with senior stakeholders.
- Previous Business Management / Project Management experience.