Operations HK, Operations Risk and Control, Vice President
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 27 Sep 16
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Operations Regulatory Oversight (ORO) is a regulatory risk oversight function to ensure proper governance and control on Regulatory Risk including Regulatory inspection, Regulatory Reporting Governance and Client Asset Governance. The function also supports Operations to promote staff awareness to ensure sufficient internal controls are in place to govern, assess, mitigate and manage the regulatory risk within Operations.
Description of Role:
Operations Risk and Control Group (Ops R&C) is a global team committed to ensure that adequate controls are in place to mitigate operational risk across Operations and to protect the firm from such risks. With increased demand over regulatory risk and controls, a challenging opportunity has come up for this role to work in a team to provide robust regulatory risk oversight across Asia Operations.
This role is responsible for the Operations Regulatory Oversight function in the region (Asia including Japan).
Main duties of the role are as describe as follows:
- Provide stakeholder coverage including Operations, Compliance, Finance, Technology and Data and Operations Risk Department;
- Partner with Legal and Compliance Department on regulatory rule change management;
- Provide risk oversight on regulatory inspection as well as internal/ external audits;
- Provide regular management reports on the key issues/ risk highlights
- Assist in Regulatory reporting governance / working group meeting to provide transparency to senior management on the regulatory reporting risk/ issues and to drive risk initiatives/ remediation plan.
- Partner with global head to ensure global consistency for regional execution
- Over 10 years of relevant experience within financial industry or with consultancy/ audit background
- Familiar with Asia regulatory environment with good knowledge of banking and financial regulations
- Familiar with Regulatory Reporting Control Framework
- Proactive, self-motivated, ability to execute independently
- Good communication and presentation skill to drive working group meeting
- Good interpersonal skills; Ability to interact effectively with others across departments, regions and time zones
- Attention to detail and analytical ability
- Ability to execute under tight timelines and with high quality
- Strong writing skills, with experience in writing operational or regulatory-related procedures
- Experience in regulatory reporting, risk control is a plus
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PPT)
- Fluency in English is required. Cantonese or Mandarin is preferred