QA Professional - MKTS
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank Of America / Merrill Lynch
- 24 Jan 17
QA Professional - MKTS
You will be part of an Equity Technology team responsible for supporting and enhancing an electronic trading platform for the securities and derivatives businesses.
The team, while having a global presence, requires experienced, dedicated members to ensure functionality of the platform matches the specifics of the local markets and users.
The successful candidate will join the global team, as APAC lead of QA based in Hong Kong, responsible for the maintenance of the test framework and the test cases in python.
Members of this team are exposed to challenging tasks that allows them to get a deep understanding of the firm's technologies, processes and trading floor users.
The culture of the firm is one that fosters excellence, team work, learning, delivering and believing in our people. We are looking for a new team member who loves to learn and take initiative.
Role / Responsibilities / Key objectives
The successful candidate will be involved in supporting, improving and testing a C++ and .NET based trading application for securities and derivatives, covering both front end and server side development, including working on automated trading engines used for Single Stock Option and ETF market making.
The candidate will also be in charge of developing standards and procedures to determine high software quality and release readiness.
With a thorough understanding of Software development cycle, the candidate should proactively not only analyze and troubleshoot issues but also have an excellent bug tracking through testing.
Ability to cope with challenging requests with the sense of compliance.
Highly motivated, fast learner, autonomous and able to work under pressure on tight deadlines.
Essential Skills (Technical / Business Domain / Managerial/ Soft skills)
- Excellent communication and social skills (working with traders), good attention to details and work well in a distributed team environment.
- Knowledge of multiple classes of assets (Stocks, Futures, &…), derivative pricing, and APAC markets specifics.
- Thorough understanding of QA testing environment.
- Great ability to write test cases and document them.
- Deep knowledge Interpreted languages (Python, Unix shell scripting).
- Hands on Experience with Fix Protocol, Tibco RV(or similar middleware) and SQL.
Desired Skills (Technical / Domain / Managerial/ Language skills)
- Knowledge of Quality softwares as Quality Centre and Jira.
- Previous experience with Agile Development Process.
- Previous experiences working on delta one & derivatives market making and index arbitrage systems.
Posting Date: 06/01/2017
Location: HK--Hong Kong
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40