Senior Business Analyst
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Societe Generale
- 16 Jan 17
Senior Business Analyst
SG GBIS is the Global Banking and Investor Solution arm of the Société Générale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia, SG GBIS provides corporates, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
The Information Technology Department (ITEC) provides and maintains IT solutions to support the business's growth. To strengthen the delivery capability, we are opening a permanent position based in Hong Kong. The successful candidate will join the ITEC Risk, Referential and Finance team (ITEC/RRF) as a business analyst/project manager. ITEC RRF is a regional team with over 30 people based in Hong Kong and Bangalore, covering the Asia Pacific region (Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, China, India and Australia).
- Senior Business Analyst ITEC/RRF/APR Asia Pacific covering Finance applications
- You will be part of a dynamic regional project team, dealing with major stakeholders including Business Lines, Finance/Risks teams.
- Lead and execute IT projects impacting accounting chain for locations in Asia Pacific.
- Chair project steering and operational committee meetings.
- Manage project internal and external dependencies.
- Develop strong partnership with the business, IT counterparties and offshore teams in Bangalore.
- Define project roadmap, planning and budget.
- IT runs and projects support.
- Coordinate and handle the user acceptances tests for the region.
- Assess and design the change management involved and get buy-in from key stakeholders. Define training plans, organize training needed and assist in creating robust documentation of the processes, including detailed operational procedures.
- Business analysis skills: Strong analytical mindset, attention to details, critical thinking, solution oriented
- Functional Knowledge: Sound knowledge of accounting, investment banking products, finance and regulatory processes.
- Technical skills: Accounting schema
- Project management skills: Ability to see the global picture, identify dependencies and risk, Stakeholders management & communication, ability to structure necessary changes. Project and resource planning skills are mandatory.
- Soft skills:
- Dynamic person with strong analytical mindset. Adaptive and fast to absorb domain knowledge. Attentive to details and capable to maintain global view of the situation
-Courage to propose innovative ideas. Pragmatic and solution driven. Strong drive to succeed and ability to structure necessary changes.
- Fast learner, team player, independent, ability to handle multiple tasks and functional topic simultaneously
- Strong command of English
- PC skills: Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Min 8-10 years of experience as a business analyst or project manager in the banking industry.
- Excellent academic record including a degree in Accounting and Finance.
- PMP certification is a plus.
- Functional knowledge of Finance. Industry knowledge of regulatory reporting is a plus.