Senior Strategic Planning Manager - Asia
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- World First Asia
- 29 Sep 16
World First is a market-leading, award-winning, bank-beating, rapidly growing, fun-loving international payments company and we are looking to hire a Senior Strategic Planning Manager - Asia for our International Development team.
Who we are:
World First is the UK’s fastest growing, multi-award winning, foreign exchange specialist, offering individuals and businesses access to world-class products and customer service. Our business is built on relationships with our customers, suppliers, partners and colleagues. We win lots of awards for our customer service – a few recent ones include the Ruban D’honneur for the European Business Awards for Customer Focus and the UK Customer Experience Awards. Our growth has also placed us on the ‘Real Business Hot100’ and no. 26 on the ‘Times International 200’ 2015 recognising our fast-track growth internationally. Basically, we are a company that is going places!
Our success is powered by our people. We are driven and inspired and our workplace reflects that. Our culture is something we protect carefully. We are passionate about what we do. As a World First employee, you are immediately part of a fantastic culture where you are encouraged to work hard and play hard. We like each other and we like our jobs.
As part of World First’s continued growth, we are looking to expand our presence and operations globally. As such, we are looking for an experienced International Expansion Manager to execute World First’s international development plan in Asia.
This is a unique role in the business and an opportunity to make a significant impact in the continued international expansion of our organisation. The role is a combination of both strategic and execution based activities.
Applicants must be willing to travel internationally on a frequent basis.
Assist in setting and reviewing the international development strategy, including;
- Investigating regulations of potential new markets, working closely with internal legal and compliance teams to assess feasibility
- Identifying potential partnership opportunities (including proposal rationale, target contacts, etc. to present to the Head of International Development) which enable and/or maximise market entry
- Developing presentations and detailed business cases for international expansion, including associated costs of entry, revenue forecasts, rationale and steps to market
Manage and implement the international development strategy and own expansion projects, including;
- Analysing relevant business processes and understanding requirements for expansion, including technical, regulatory, legal, financial, operational, people, marketing, etc. Work with the Project Delivery team to produce detailed action plans and ensure successful implementation
- Working closely with legal and compliance to ensure World First’s new operation meets all regulatory and legal requirements
- Work with operations, payments, middle office, etc. to ensure capacity and operational efficiency
- Preparing communications such as monthly reports, papers on particular market profiles, strategy presentations, etc. for various stakeholders (e.g. exec committee)
- Presenting and communicating strategy and progress to relevant stakeholders
- Managing projects run by other International Development team members, helping to problem-solve, address snags and coaching through the process
- Bachelor degree or above with 10+ years of working experience in Banking, Financial Services or FinTech industries
- Experience as a strategy manager in a financial institution, as a project manager (ideally projects that are strategic or international in scope) or within a strategy consultancy
- Excellent communication skills
- Language skills: English + Korean/ Thai, Mandarin, Spanish or Portuguese
- A strategic thinker – ability to define the question or problem and oversee a team of individuals to reach a proposed solution
- People management – experience in engaging, motivating and developing people for delivery of business goals and goals of individuals
- Strong stakeholder management – working across the business internationally and with numerous external stakeholders. Ability to secure senior buy-in; engage with various business units and understand multiple stakeholder requirements; drive projects against a timeline and coordinate multiple team members stakeholders to do so
- Organisational and project management skills
- Extremely detailed orientated with a holistic view
- Highly numerate with strong financial planning and analysis skills
- Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills
What we offer:
- An international and talented team of co-workers
- Excellent benefits package including annual performance-based bonus and health cover
- Company perks include: free breakfast, friday drinks fridge, relaxed dress code, bi-annual team nights out, annual charity day, and more!
Please send us your cover letter together with your CV in Word format.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.