Senior System Support Analyst, Global Markets IT
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific ( www.apac.bnpparibas )
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
This role will be the key technical and functional support for HK users on Research Applications hence the person will need to station in HK and be available to work morning shift hence an Asian based candidate will be the best fit. The candidate should also be plug in and play as this role is also a key contact point among current users in different locations and Paris.
The Global Markets (GM) IT architecture partially relies on tools developed by the GM Research team for pricing and risk calculations. These tools are either developed and supported by Research teams or developed by Research and supported by GM IT Application Support for version deployment and availability monitoring. Main applications manage market data (dividends, volatility curves, repo curves…)
Research expertise is required for functional and technical investigations in case production incidents occur on this set of research applications. The number of experts is appropriate in Paris, but very limited in Hong Kong, involving limitations in the timely coverage and reactivity for incident resolution.
The overall objective of the position is to maintain and improve the availability, integrity, performance and capacity of the GM Research applications in APAC, and to provide and develop governance of process and technology standards. This involves:
- 1st- and 2nd-level technical and functional application support,
- practical Service Management, i.e. adhering to ITIL methodologies and global GM IT APS standards for change, release, incident, problem and request Management,
- business analysis of Maintenance & Enhancement (M&E), i.e. capturing business requirements, performing gap and impact analysis, producing functional specifications, defining test strategy and arranging User Acceptance Tests (UAT).
- perform internal and external users' daily requests,
- manage production incidents, troubleshooting technical issues and identifying solutions or workarounds to restore normal services to the Business promptly,
- manage and track production problems, maintaining effective communication to the users and other parties throughout, and where necessary, propose relevant enhancement or bug fixes,
- plan, test and perform configuration changes, deployment or upgrade of mission-critical trading applications and systems,
- plan and coordinate UATs with users for application releases,
- pro-actively monitor, manage and improve availability and performance of the production systems,
- pro-actively manage the capacity of the production applications to accommodate trading volume growth,
- provide feedback and propose solutions to Management on performance, capacity and design issues,
- minimize operational failure, including the risk of fraud, by helping to devise and implementing sufficient regular controls,
- compile comprehensive system and process documentation.
On top of the Support part, this role also involves the ability to initiate studies on any topic that would help to answer to local needs.
Due to the specific scope of Research applications covered, this position differs from standard Application Support positions through the following:
- the position will be physically located on GM trading floor
- specific, extended accesses to Research applications will be granted to allow proper support tools,
- yearly appraisals will be performed in alignment with HK Research recommendations.
- Maintain the tools developed by Paris Research
- Ensure compatibility and update of the libraries with Paris
- Ensure a good documentation of the code released and a documentation for the production side
- Ensure a good communication with Paris and transfer to HK the new tools.
- Maintain an excellent relation with customer with regular project review
- Organize the developments supply.
- Quantify the workload of the team and the ratio support / project / budget.
- Proper document and reporting. Update the global and standard GM reporting tools
Competencies (Technical / Behavioural)
- Sound knowledge on Linux/Unix environment and debugging processes in Linux
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good business knowledge on derivatives products
- Good technical knowledge on Unix environment
- Well organized and good communication skills
- Reliable and good attention to detail
- Be able to work under pressure
- Good adaptability to challenging and fast-paced environment
- Shell scripting and Linux admin is desirable
- Good knowledge of any high level programming language like C, C++, Java or Go. Knowledge on Go programming language is desirable
- Good knowledge of scripting languages like python/perl
- Solid experience supporting a financial workplace environment, solid experience on application support on equity and derivatives business.
- University qualification with IT major.
- Mathematical background is a plus.