- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank Of America / Merrill Lynch
- 23 Sep 16
The Sourcing Specialist is an individual contributor reporting to the Senior Sourcing Manager for Professional Services/ Human Resources/ Marketing/ Protective Services for APAC Region. The Sourcing Specialist will engage with key business partners from various LOBs to support with the execution of vendor contracts (Master Agreements, Statement of Works, Local Participations Agreements etc.) related to Professional Services and Consulting, Staffing/RPO and Contract Labor and/ or HR throughout 12 countries/territories of the APAC Region.
As a Sourcing Specialist, you are able to negotiate agreements of low-to mid-level complexity and to achieve a measurable number of cost savings. A Sourcing Specialist is comfortable seeking out senior team members and ascending management on next steps such as review by EIM, SCM Legal, Vendor Managers, etc., and can identify and assess risk areas. He/she typically begins with a specific commodity or LOB and handles less complex agreements with that LOB/commodity. As the Sourcing Specialist exhibits progressive expertise and confidence with an initial focus, he or she is assigned more complex deals. He/she has the ability to process high volume assignments requiring above-average organizational skills. The Sourcing Specialist ensures that all the proper reviews and approvals (SCM Legal, Risk, Finance, LOB and Procurement Services Leadership) are obtained.
- Understands basic and contractual terms and conditions
- Able to persuade vendors to accept Bank of America contract language
- Able to converse with internal legal staff to ask common sense questions
- Able to develop simple to medium complexity RFP documents for both competitive and non-competitive acquisitions and has basic proposal evaluation skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Has mentor/coach
- Coordinates and leads simple sourcing event projects; will manage multiple events concurrently
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude towards work assignments, LOBs, co-workers and vendor managers.
- Consistently provides a high level of service by establishing and clearly communicating mutual expectations, developing an understanding of LOB needs, and demonstrating competency and consistency in meeting commitments.
- Builds Partnerships - Builds broad-based business relationships across the organization. Skillfully influences peers and colleagues to promote and sell ideas. Proactively surfaces and resolves conflict with minimal noise.
- Proven ability to communicate, partner and influence across a matrix organization.
- Superior ability to communicate concepts and ideas both verbally and in written form, including, but not limited to, e-mails, narratives in Ariba, white papers and presentations
- Employee has the organizational skills to monitor work and keep it on track to meet or exceed commitments. The Employee consistently provides updates to the concerned parties and performs all tasks in a timely manner
- Acts as a valued advisor, exhibiting respect and professionalism to LOBs and affected support partners. The Employee is a tenacious proponent of minimizing risk, attaining best value (cost saves) and providing complete solutions. He or she is entrusted with completing the deal within the agreed timeframe, and streamlining the process.
- Must be able to work independently and set goals/prioritized focus and time management skills
- Ability to work well on a team, as well as manage multiple priorities in quick time frames
Posting Date: 07/09/2016
Location: Hong Kong - Hong Kong
Full / Part-time: Full time