Sr Sourcing Specialist
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank Of America / Merrill Lynch
- 24 Sep 16
Sr Sourcing Specialist
The Senior Sourcing Specialist for IT Services will report directly to the Senior Sourcing Manager of IT Services for APAC Region. This is an individual contributor role. The Senior Sourcing Specialist will have a high functional knowledge of technology procurement specific to software licenses, hardware and hosted services, SAAS, etc. The Senior Sourcing Specialist will be accountable for managing eAuctions and RFPs/RFQs, conducting vendor due diligence, and for negotiating legal and commercial terms with selected vendors throughout the 12 countries/territories of the APAC Region.
As a Senior Sourcing Specialist, you can identify key issues of a deal and to develop a strategy which best serves the interests of BAC for mid- to high-level complexity agreements with an understanding of the higher value elements of the negotiation. The Senior Sourcing Specialist is able to regularly obtain significant cost savings. He/she demonstrates the ability to develop agreements of mid- to high-level complexity pertaining to a variety of commodities and business units. The Senior Sourcing Specialist has developed a subject matter expertise with certain business units and in diverse commodity areas. He/she gains the confidence of LOB so they begin to look to them as a potential trusted advisor.
- Knows how to prepare a contract in accordance with the relevant policies and Ariba
- Requires minimal direction in reviewing SOWs and SLAs and ensures that the documents meet business requirements
- Collects examples of completed SOWs/SLAs from colleagues
- Able to assess, prioritize, and resolve major issues associated with highly complex contracts
- Capable of simultaneously processing multiple assignments of varying complexity
- Resolves challenging situations involving dissention between affected LOBs within Bank of America or between Bank of America and supplier
- Able to identify business and legal issues
- Knowledgeable of contract language
- Competent in handling regular internal and external legal department interface
- Demonstrates ability to develop medium-to higher-level complexity RFP documentation for both competitive and non-competitive acquisitions
- Able to create "apples to apples" comparison, or, in non-competitive situations, to determine cost reasonableness
- Performs cost and price analysis on proposals of medium complexity
- Knows applicable risks and takes appropriate action
- Ensures all process deliverables are complete for complex contracts and risks are escalated to the Sourcing Manager
- Has mentor/coach
- Good understanding of categories and high level understanding of sourcing principles
- Coordinates and leads moderately difficult sourcing event projects; will manage multiple events concurrently
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude towards work assignments, LOBs, co-workers and vendor managers.
- Consistently provides a high level of service by establishing and clearly communicating mutual expectations, developing an understanding of LOB needs, and demonstrating competency and consistency in meeting commitments.
- Builds Partnerships - Builds broad-based business relationships across the organization. Skillfully influences peers and colleagues to promote and sell ideas. Proactively surfaces and resolves conflict with minimal noise.
- Proven ability to communicate, partner and influence across a matrix organization.
- Superior ability to communicate concepts and ideas both verbally and in written form, including, but not limited to, e-mails, narratives in Ariba, white papers and presentations
- Employee has the organizational skills to monitor work and keep it on track to meet or exceed commitments. The Employee consistently provides updates to the concerned parties and performs all tasks in a timely manner
- Acts as a valued advisor, exhibiting respect and professionalism to LOBs and affected support partners. The Employee is a tenacious proponent of minimizing risk, attaining best value (cost saves) and providing complete solutions. He or she is entrusted with completing the deal within the agreed timeframe, and streamlining the process.
- Must be able to work independently and set goals/prioritized focus and time management skills
- Ability to work well on a team, as well as manage multiple priorities in quick time frames
Posting Date: 18/08/2016
Location: Hong Kong - Hong Kong
Full / Part-time: Full time