Strategy Consultant - Corporate & Investment Banking
- Competitive base + bonus
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Pure Search Hong Kong , EA Licence No: 12S5954
- 19 Sep 17
My client is a top-tier international investment bank with significant operations across APAC. As part of their on-going regional strategy development they are looking to add an experienced consultant to their Hong Kong based team. As the in-house emerging technology consulting expert, this role will give you significant responsibility, and visibility, at an early point in your career.
- Perform strategic analysis on behalf of regional senior management.
- Recommend solutions to business lines across APAC and, where appropriate, help lead implementation.
- Design and implement transformation initiatives in the Asia Pacific region, particularly in regard to digital strategy.
- Establish yourself as the ‘go-to’ consultant for the bank’s digital strategy.
- Structure projects (scope, approach and timeline) and manage the timelines and delivery
- Lead team(s) on individual projects.
- Present recommendations and outcomes to senior regional management.
- Whilst many projects may have a technical aspect to them, particularly around digital and emerging technologies such as blockchain, you must have the flexibility to work on other core, non-technical, strategy projects across the region. You will be, first and foremost, an internal management consultant.
- Undergraduate degree, or higher from a top-tier university.
- MBA from a tier-1 business school is strongly preferred.
- 3-8 years’ experience in a consulting role from either a strategy consulting firm, global management consultancy and/or in-house banking strategy team.
- Extensive experience in the Financial Services Industry in APAC coupled with a good understanding of the corporate and institutional side of the business.
- Experience in leading small teams on projects
- Fluency in English, oral and written. Other Asian languages will be very well regarded.
- Ability to use 80/20 approach in problem solving
- Exceptionally strong communication and presentation skills with the confidence to deliver robust, and independently minded, advice when necessary.