Support Engineer, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Susquehanna Pacific Pty Ltd
- 20 Aug 17
Support Engineer, Hong Kong
SIG is a global financial institution with more than 1,800 employees worldwide. We sit at the helm of the latest trends and developments in trading and market making, institutional sales, research, private equity, venture capital, and investment banking with offices across North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
As a market leader, the Company understands the importance of technology to its business. Our technology engineers are employed in building, maintaining and supporting real time, trading and back office systems that are fundamental to our success and competitiveness in the markets.
An opportunity exists for a Technical Systems Specialist to join the Infrastructure services team in Hong Kong. This role involves helping to manage all the various technology components that make up the Company's IT environment. This will include the Windows and Network infrastructure that is used for both trading and office functions within the Hong Kong office and Asian region.
This role will work closely with the Infrastructure team lead in HK and report directly to the IT Infrastructure Manger in Sydney. The Hong Kong team works very closely with the Infrastructure teams in Sydney and Bala, who drive technology roadmaps and solution design.
It is expected that the applicant be energetic and enthusiastic, with experience in a wide range of technologies within the financial services environment. For example: desktop technology, networking, IP Phones etc.
This role would also require some (but not regular) after hours and on call work.
- Provide Level 1/2 desktop support to the local HK staff (around 20-30 people)
- Assist the HK team leader with all other tasks required for assisting the Asian operations (IT assessments, auditing etc.)
- Deploy desktop, telephony, network and mobile infrastructure according to corporate standards
- Assist in maintaining the HK datacentre infrastructure
- Work with regional teams to resolve user requests/problems
- Assist engineering teams in Sydney where needed
- Work with local vendors to deliver support and services
- Maintain and manage the existing IT fleet
- Maintain IT documentation and diagrams
What we're looking for
- 3-5 years' experience
- Experience with Wintel, Desktop, IP telephony support
- Understanding of telecom and networking infrastructure technologies (L1-L3 is preferred)
- Good communication skills in fluent English/Cantonese/Mandarin
- Must be Proactive and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Great customer service skills and focus
- Good organisational ability
You must have full working rights in Hong Kong to apply.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG