Tax Manager - Vice President
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Societe Generale
- 29 Sep 16
Tax Manager - Vice President
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region.
At Societe Generale we have developed - and continue to develop - advanced programmes to support your career development. A diverse and comprehensive Learning & Development programme, a Junior programme for graduates and a Remuneration policy that stimulates your growth are just a few examples that illustrate how we help you to fulfill yourself personally and professionally, and how we develop your ability to adapt to ever-changing environments and transform challenges into opportunities.
Operational tax management
- Piloting of files and coordination of the interventions of associates of Tax Department, external tax advisors and financial/tax people in charge of relevant entities (initially for China and Hong Kong but to be varied as necessary).
- Studies and/or assistance to relevant locations (initially for China and Hong Kong) and relevant business lines (initially FIC (Fixed Income and Curencies), TRD (Trading) and IFD (Sale of Financial Products)) on corporate tax, VAT/GST and all other direct and indirect taxes.
- Validation of the tax results of relevant entities prepared by external and/or local tax experts.
- Participation in management of relations with external and internal auditors on tax aspects relating to relevant locations including tax audits.
- Assistance and follow-up of the tax controls concerning relevant locations, in association with the local tax advisors.
- Follow-up of tax operational risks and tax losses reporting of relevant locations and relevant business lines in connection with the tax and administrative management team.
- Use best practice as defined by central team in the use of tools for the supervision of entities in relevant locations.
- Assist Regional Transfer Pricing Manager in relation to transfer pricing including participation with internal Transfer Pricing experts in the implementation and permanent update of transfer pricing set-up for relevant locations.
- Advise relevant business lines on internal restructurings, creations of entities, and acquisitions or partnerships in Asia Pacific.
- Participation in New Products Committees Working Groups for products of relevant business lines.
Academic Background And Certifications, Experience
An Accounting degree or double degree in Accounting and Law
8 - 10 years of working experience, of which, at least 4 years in the tax division of a big 4 accounting firm or law firm or work experience in the internal tax division of an investment bank with a sound investment banking product knowledge
A strong knowledge of HK stamp duty and corporate income tax and experience on tax issues relating to other locations in Asia Pacific
Experience in interacting with Tax Authorities on significant tax matters
Participant in Tax Committee of Industry Bodies
Understanding transfer pricing concepts and their application to investment banking activities
Knowledge of tax system of at least two jurisdictions in Asia Pacific
- Ability to coordinate
- Autonomy in work organization
- Ability to take initiatives
- Perfect fluency in English and Mandarin or Cantonese
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Independent thinker, problem solver
- Team player
- Strong interpersonal skills