Technology - Platform Security Operations (Linux) L3 Support Analyst, Associate, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 Sep 17
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients businesses and to our own.
Technology Information Risk (TIR) enables the Firm to manage risks through implementing proactive, comprehensive and consistent risk management practices which protect the franchise while capturing business opportunities. The TIR team partners with the business by ensuring that Technology understands how to manage, escalate and monitor risk.
Linux System Administrator required to work in the L3 Platform Security Operations team, providing highest level of security consultancy and operational support of platform security infrastructure components.
The role is based around operational stability and development of a large global environment of 70k Linux Servers, 10K+ Microsoft Windows servers and 85K+ Microsoft XP/Win7 Desktops.
It will focus on the security products and tooling utilized to manage the platform. The role is suited to a mid-Level Linux administrator with some Windows skills and a proven understanding in enterprise platform security.
An additional key component of this role is project based, with numerous activities to expand and enhance the services provided within the environment.
The Platform Security Operations group provides a stable, yet agile and dynamic infrastructure platform to support the business functional requirements whilst managing associated risks.
- Analysis and development of platform security initiatives
- Provide consultancy services to other IT Security teams
- Provide architecture assurance on security platform initiatives
- Maintain security infrastructure, providing stability by following and using the tools, policies, processes and procedures available
- Provide a secure environment, managing and mitigating risks
- Provide reporting and metrics
- Resolve Incidents impacting hosts or environment
- Create, review, maintain and update documentation including Documenting & Publishing fixes in central knowledge base
- Work with global colleagues to provide globally consistent processes and procedures and provide innovative ideas
- Undertake problem ownership
- Investigate & Troubleshoot root causes when escalated
- Escalate and liaise with additional internal/external groups when required, resulting in satisfactory resolution
- Active participation within and amongst teams and colleagues, providing constructive feedback when necessary
- Regularly re-evaluate processes and procedures and Instigate service improvement initiatives
- Identify areas for automation and scripting
- Experience on Linux Operating Systems (5 years +)
- Some Linux scripting (Bash Perl)
- Interpersonal Skills: Communication, flexibility, self-driven, team player
- DNS Infrastructure
- General networking (firewalls, routing, NAT, SI Model, packet trace and analysis, etc.)
- Basic Microsoft Server Operating System systems knowledge
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Tanium Enterprise Platform
- Symantec Data Center Security
- Symantec Endpoint Encryption
- Understanding of PKI and use of digital certificates
- Project management Skills