Technology - Senior Linux Systems Administrator - DevOps, Associate, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 20 Aug 17
See job description for details
Senior Linux Systems Administrator -- DevOps
The Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) support team is looking for a DevOps candidate, to implement and maintain the next version of our large scale heterogeneous Linux plant. The existing environment consists of a mixture of open source and in-house written Perl and Python components which will be modernized and replaced to ensure the continued delivery of a stable and secure infrastructure with increased agility and flexibility.
The Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) support team is responsible for maintaining and improving Linux infrastructure for Morgan Stanley's distributed systems. The group is involved in evaluation, certification, integration, and maintenance of numerous products, including hardware, Red Hat Linux, configuration management, system services (DNS, DHCP, NTP, etc.), virtualization technologies and a variety of in-house developed tools.
Role Profile and Responsibilities
- We are looking for a strong DevOps candidate with Perl or Python development experience.
- You will have experience of managing, deploying to and debugging large scale production environments
- You will work with firewall teams and submit tickets for rule changes and troubleshooting requests.
- You will be able to write secure, testable, robust code.
- You will be responsible for on-call responsibilities shared with a global team
- You will be joining a global team of highly accomplished engineers, developers, and operations specialists.
- You will contribute and maintain documentation for systems, processes, and procedures.
- You will have experience with Change Management and Problem management practices
- You will be expected to act like an owner.
- 4+ years of Enterprise Level Experience in Large Distributed Environment
- In Depth Experience with Linux System Administration preferably Red Hat.
- Detailed knowledge of TCP/IP, Experience with networking and security concepts, implementation, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with monitoring tools and solutions
- Experience with VMWare technologies such as ESXi, vCenter, and vSAN
- Experience with Configuration Management tools such as: Puppet, Docker, Satellite
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills in a highly visible faced paced enterprise environment.
- Coding experience with Perl/Python and shell scripting.
- Experience automating workflow
- Ability to work with a global team.
- An understanding of Problem and Change Management Practices
- An understanding of SLA, Metrics, and Alerts
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to write technical documentation and teach team members.
- Solid understand of Linux Kernel internals performance tuning
- Experience with application integration