- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank Of America / Merrill Lynch
- 29 Sep 16
As a company doing business in more than 150 countries, and with over 250,000 employees, Bank of America is one of the world's largest financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Corporation stock (NYSE: BAC) is a component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the Global Banking & Markets and Global Commercial Banking businesses. The company is a long-established participant in Asia Pacific with a presence since 1947. With 23 offices in 12 geographies, covering nine currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, Bank of America Merrill Lynch offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate & Investment Banking, Global Markets and Wealth Management, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch has been expanding in the Asia Pacific region with compounded annual growth of over 20% for the last three years. Focusing in the Large Corporate client base in the region, as well as global multi-nationals, the differentiator for Bank of America Merrill Lynch lies in the services we provide to clients. From the implementation of new products and services to the support we provide clients as part of the banking relationship, our mission is to deliver a world class experience to our clients, while managing the business with tight operational risk routines and continuously improving the efficiency of the organization.
Job Description and Role Responsibilities
• Perform trade surveillance on restricted and watch listed securities.
• Follow up and escalate exceptions generated by surveillance models and reports.
• Coordinate with the Independent Testing teams in each region with the development and implementation of surveillance models and reports.
• Close liaison with the Line of Business Product and Compliance officers to resolve potential identified breaches in a timely manner.
• Liaise with compliance technology group on an as needed basis.
• Participate in the ongoing development of and enhancements to electronic systems, policies and procedures of the Enterprise Independent Testing Information Barrier surveillance team Global Control Room.
• Assist with the development and implementation of the Surveillance Manual outlining the Enterprise Independent Testing Surveillance's processes pursuant to guidelines set forth in applicable rules and regulations and related Bank of America policies and procedures.
• 3 to 5 years industry experience
• Previous Global Markets trade surveillance experience, not necessarily from an Information Wall perspective
• Knowledge of equity and fixed income securities
• Detail-oriented, strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize daily tasks
Posting Date: 26/08/2016
Location: Hong Kong - Hong Kong
Full / Part-time: Full time