Vice President - Compliance Officer - Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Nomura Asia
- 27 Sep 16
Nomura is a leading financial services group and the preeminent Asian-based investment bank with worldwide reach. Nomura provides a broad range of innovative solutions tailored to the specific client requirements through an international network in over 30 countries.
Position / Group Overview
Nomura’s senior management places significant emphasis on business ethics, compliance and internal controls with a view in achieving long-term and sustainable business success.
The Compliance department partners with business and other corporate divisions to support and advance the firm’s business and reputation, and manages the firm’s regulatory compliance in areas of different products and transactions, conflicts of interest, and personnel licensing and dealings, etc, in an environment with dynamically evolving rules and regulations.
As a key member of the country compliance team, the successful candidate shall provide general compliance coverage on Hong Kong regulatory affairs while extending support on China and regional compliance matters in Asia ex-Japan.
- Manage regulatory applications, regulatory inquiries, inspections, surveys and other communications with regulators in Hong Kong and, occasionally, China.
- Collaborate with advisory compliance teams and offer compliance advice to business divisions and corporate functions on regulatory and compliance matters.
- Conduct analysis on securities and/or banking regulations and provide advice on regulatory implications of new regulations and/or business initiatives.
- Lead compliance projects, compliance reviews and internal investigations.
- Develop, review and enhance compliance policies and procedures.
- - Develop and enhance compliance training programs and conduct compliance trainings.
- Compile management reports for senior management in the Asia ex-Japan region.
- Assist in coaching less experienced members of the team.
- Provide other ad-hoc support to regional and country compliance heads.
- Business related university degree and/or professional legal or accounting qualification
- 8 years of regulatory and/or compliance experience
- Good understanding of investment banking industry and Hong Kong securities regulations; knowledge in China securities regulations a plus.
- Experience in handling regulatory applications, inquiries, inspections and/or other regulatory matters.
- Good relationship with regulators and industry peers in Hong Kong and preferably also in China.
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving ability and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, in English and Chinese, with Mandarin a plus.
- Team player, with good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility and impeccable integrity.
- High proficiency in PC applications including hands-on knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
Regional Disclaimers / Diversity Statement
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation.