IFRS technical accountant
• ? Provide technical advice on accounting queries arising from businesses across the Moody's international subsidiaries
• ? Partner with strategic departments and provide accounting advice on complex transactions as part of decision-making process
• ? Prepare accounting papers supporting treatment of key transactions, and review accounting papers prepared by other finance teams
• ? Liaise with external auditors
? 2. Managing adoption of IFRS updates
• ? Perform analysis on new standards and reporting requirements, identify the impact and define the accounting policies for Moody's international subsidiaries
• Understand and define the impact, if any, to US GAAP.
• ? Define and execute implementation plans to embed the new accounting requirements
? 3. Supporting year-end annual financial statements
• ? Support the preparation of statutory financial statements
• ? ? Liaise with external auditors and regulatory bodies
? 4. Develop training framework and knowledge hub
• ? Assist and develop training materials and deliver training to finance teams worldwide to keep them fully updated on Group policies and IFRS developments
• ? Assist with the development of accounting knowledge hub page which will provide easy access to the Group technical guidance
General Accounting (731000)
• Qualified accountant, preferably at least 3 years post-qualified
• ? Big 4 technical / audit experience
• ? Strong background in IFRS knowledge and application
• ? Technically minded and aware of commercial considerations in business decisions
• ? Strong communication and influencing skills
• Excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.