- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Permanent, Full time
- National Bank of Abu Dhabi
- 25 Sep 16
The National Bank of Abu Dhabi, India office is looking for Money Laundering Reporting Officer who will support the Head of Compliance, India to ensure that the activities and businesses (such as Wholesale, Global Wealth, etc.) of India are carried out in accordance with local rules and regulations and to support update on compliance matters to the Compliance units in India.
Responsibilities but not restricted to:
- Support Head of Compliance, India in managing and monitoring periodically compliance functions of India and assess the effectiveness and efficiency of the control, risk management and governance process in India to ensure compliance with Internal/Group Policies & Procedures and local regulations.
- Managing India’s compliance related to KYC/AML/CFT and other assigned compliance function with standards, internal and Group policies and procedures and regulations. ·
- Raise awareness on money laundering and terrorist financing issues by:
- Identify and manage compliance trainings for core and high-risk areas to ascertain that all staff are aware of their regulatory obligations with emphasis on AML to educate staff and raise their awareness of their individual obligations in relation to AML and have a working knowledge of how to identify suspicious transactions
- Disseminating and bringing to staff’s attention useful articles on money laundering and terrorism financing
The AML/CFT responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
- Taking overall charge of all AML/CFT matters within the entity and act as Anti Money Laundering Compliance Officer/Principal Officer for the purpose of interacting and sharing of information with Financial Intelligence Unit-India
- Work with Group Compliance AML Team on the establishment and implementation of anti-Money laundering policies, procedures, and controls/systems in the entity and ensure that India has an effective AML and CTF policy in place;
- Conduct further investigation into reports of suspected money laundering activities and to provide recommendation to the entity’s senior management on the validity, the timeliness and the need for reporting to relevant authorities, where appropriate;
- Promoting compliance and carrying out ongoing monitoring of business relations and sample reviewing of accounts for compliance with UAE’s guidelines on KYC/AML/CFT and all applicable host country KYC/AML/CFT regulations.
- Assist Head of Compliance, India in managing all compliance activities ensuring alignment with local regulatory requirements for India activities and business (such as Wholesale, Global Wealth)
- Ensuring a speedy and appropriate reaction to any matter in which money laundering or terrorist financing is suspected and Manage the due diligence on customers including on-going CDD and ensuring that it is maintained up-to-date
Job skills & experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Management, Banking or Finance, preferably with certification in AML
- At least 5-6 years of business experience preferably with working experience in Bank Compliance
- The ideal candidate must have strong analytical, interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills with good leadership skills
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of local laws and international practices
- Preferably bilingual, Fluent in English and Hindu with strong written and verbal skills