Sr Associate - Billing
- Distribute Rating Release Sheets (RRS) to group; when applicable to group.
- Verify information contained in assigned New Rating report/ RRS is accurate and consistent.
- Contact Commercial team to confirm special invoicing instructions which may differ from the posted fee schedule.
- Review and analyze relationship pricing agreements.
- Review invoice batches.
- Communicate with Commercial, Phoenix/Pyramid and GBS teams regarding issues, inquiries, special requests and programming issues .
§ Invoicing: Prepare draft invoices by:
- Selecting and applying correct fee schedules.
- Calculating additional fees associated with the rating.
- Researching requests for special pricing.
- Applying appropriate discounts.
- Selecting or creating correct billing customer and Commercial team contact.
- Presenting draft invoices to manager for review.
- Processing annual fee drafts which are apportioned monthly.
- Create new templates and fee codes.
- Contribute in team concept; assist peers in managing group work-load and support team projects.
- Document the inspection and review of all invoice drafts processed.
- Approve draft invoices through billing systems for authorized designations.
- Follow up on unresolved invoicing issues by reviewing and answering emails.
- Assist Billing Associate with unresolved invoicing issues.
- Ensures that they are individually meeting internal policy and procedure requirements by being aware of the key controls, risks and compensating controls in his/her process flow and identifies changes in the operating and internal controls environment.
- Assist with tasks as requested.
- Run and review Revenue Draft report as required by group.
- Run and review New Ratings report for previous week during Billing Associate absence.
- Apportion annual and quarterly drafts for daily processing to ensure mid-month completion date.
- Run and review annuals batch report.
- Research SalesForce Billing Conversation to ensure completeness of manual invoicing.
- Review Face Change reports.
- Prepare CP unreported analysis.
- Assist with billing hold and accrual preparation.
- Run and review Annuals and Monthly reports.
- Review New Ratings report.
§ Test new invoicing features and applications.
§ Prepare Phoenix/Pyramid (Billing Systems) tasks to address system invoicing problems.
§ Maintain current knowledge of required applications and fee schedules.
§ Provide technical training and support for new associates.
§ Recommend ideas and enhancements.
§ Attend group and departmental meetings and provide feedback.
§ Assist with special projects as needed.
§ Assist with documentation of billing procedures .
Fill in for Billing Associate in their absence.
- Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, economics or other business discipline.
- 3 to 5 years experience performing in an accounting, auditing or billing environment.
- A background demonstrating the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability is necessary.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a must.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are essential.
- Candidate should possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in working/organizing an operational process required.
- Candidate must demonstrate good leadership skills.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.