- Executes, with limited assistance, the daily procedures for their accounting areas or entities, including communications with the different lines of business, reviewing daily transactions, identifying accounting changes, coordinating with other accounting teams or outsourced accounting firms, and ensuring timeliness.
- Liaises with various departments to obtain accounting transaction support.
- Analytically reviews accounting transaction support for issues.
- Performs detailed transaction analyses to calculate journal entry amounts.
- Records monthly journal entries based on US & local GAAP.
- Ensures accounting transactions are recorded to the proper chart of accounts (i.e. legal entities, accounts, departments, currencies, etc).
- Prepares monthly balance sheet reconciliations and identifies and resolves reconciling items, with assistance from their direct manager.
- Applies accounting judgment when calculating journal entry amounts, using the chart of accounts, identifying reconciliation items, and performing account analyses; detailed review with direct manager.
- Proactively identifies accounting issues to their direct manager.
- Gathers supporting documentation for internal and external audits.
- Assists in the preparation of additional account analysis for Internal Audits, External Audits, and ad-hoc requests.
- Assists in the preparation of or prepares reports for external reporting.
- Understands internal control policies and Moody's Global Accounting Policies (MGAP) with respect to their procedures.
- Additional duties/projects as assigned by your manager.
General Accounting (731000)
• Must have a bachelor's degree in Accounting.
• ACA/ACCA/CPA part qualified/qualified is preferable.
• 2-4 years relevant accounting experience (preferably in a large multi-national company or in a major accounting firm).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate-Advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft products
- Experience working with Oracle PeopleSoft GL a plus.
- Knowledge of a major financial system (preferably Peoplesoft).
- Strong organizational skills, analytic skills, and attention to details.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.