- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Lincoln Recruitment Specialists
- 26 Jan 17
Our client, a dynamic financial software provider is looking to hire a business analyst to join their expanding team.
You will be responsible for engaging with the business on behalf of the IT project / development team to understand their needs and translating this into requirements IT can use to develop solutions. This will include the capture, analysis and documentation of the requirements.
Once on-board, you will:
- Supporting the Project Manager and the business in producing the business case, in particular ensuring benefits align to strategic and tactical business objectives
- Working with the business to capture and document requirements (both functional and non-functional), using a range of techniques such as workshop facilitation, document analysis, sites visits, use cases, scenario modelling, task and workflow analysis
- Refining these requirements to a sufficient level of detail to allow Application Developers to implement appropriate solutions
- Discovering and documenting the as-is process by applying various process modelling techniques
- Designing and modelling the to-be process, performing gap analysis and identifying areas for improvement
- Identifying high level solution options for the business and presenting these to stakeholders
- Ensuing business processes are aligned with the business and IT architecture, challenging where appropriate.
- Working with the test team to provide business input into test strategy, system test plans, system test conditions and UAT plans
- Co-ordinating UAT with the business
- Ensure thorough handover of requirements and use cases to enable quality test scripts to be produced
- Ensuring end users and IT support teams are fully trained to use, support and maintain the application/solution
- Supporting the supplier/hardware/software selection process by providing input into any RFI or RFP and assisting in the assessment of responses against requirements
- Supporting the review of contracts drawn up with any 3rd party suppliers to ensure that they accurately reflect the needs of the business
- Supporting the PM in post-implementation reviews and incorporating lessons learned into future work
Experience and Skills:
- Experience as a Business Analyst or similar role
- Financial Services / capital markets experience background ideal.
- Experience in IT and knowledge of the business unit they are supporting
- Experience in business analysis techniques, such as information gathering methods, requirements documentation, process modelling and process mapping
- Experience in Business Change methodologies
- A good understanding of all stages in a project lifecycle and delivery approaches e.g. waterfall, agile, etc.
- Willingness to engage in dynamic business culture and enjoy working in team environment.
Interested applicants should contact Michael Costello for a confidential discussion on 01 6610444 or email mcostello(@)lincoln.ie