COO of ManCo / Designated Person / Hedge Fund Manager / Fund Manager / UCITS / AIFMD / Operational Risk / Fund Accounting
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Jigsaw Search
- 20 Sep 16
COO / HEDGE FUND MANAGER / DESIGNATED PERSON / REGULATED FINANCE & RISK FUNCTIONS / UCITS / AIFMD / REPORTING TO BOARD LEVEL / FUND MANAGEMENT / FUND ACCOUNTING
You will become a Designated person of the ManCo and will be personally responsible for 3 regulated functions being Capital and Finance Management, Operational Risk and Distribution.
- Part of a wider team based in different locations responsible for risk management of fund operations.
- Gain specific knowledge and understanding of hedge fund managers governed by the Irish management company (e.g. UCITS, AIFMD).
- Take the role of Designated Person for Capital and Finance Management, Operational Risk and Distribution which will result in detailed knowledge of the underlying Funds distribution, after-sales, financials and compliance with policies and procedures includes reporting to the ManCo Board and fund boards on the respective functions.
- Work closely with the fund accounting team to report on the underlying funds financials.
- Work closely with Finance to report on the ManCo regulatory capital requirements, accounts.
- Work closely with Operational Risk, Audit, Compliance and Legal to maintain policies and procedures, ensure compliance with procedures, regulations, implement new controls and review / manage the implications of the controls and KPIs generated.
- Work closely with the distributors appointed by the ManCo to ensure appropriate governance and sound controls on their activities, addressing breaches and ensuring compliance with marketing requirements.
- Implement effective risk management controls / compliance framework and ensure appropriate governance is undertaken over the 3rd party policies, procedures, record retention and
- Ensure compliance with AIFM / UCITS Management regulatory licences
- Ensure adequate complaints management is in place and tracked.
- Liaise with the Regulator as required for ManCo regulatory periodic reporting both on behalf of the ManCo and the respective funds.
- Support the launch of new funds
- Manage the governance of the funds and oversee compliance of the ManCo responsibilities to the respective ManCo boards.
- Potential to become local manager of the other GM team members resulting in knowledge of their activities and ability to present the holistic view of the ManCo to the regulator, board and management.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Extensive experience in a fund management role.
- Extensive knowledge of AIFMD / UCITS regulations with respect to fund documentation, operational risks and implementation of policies and procedures
- Extensive experience in presenting to boards, management and issue management.
- Experience in management of individuals is advantageous
- Qualified as a fund accountant would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Hedge Fund strategies and the resultant risks that may arise.
- Ability to interfacing and challenge advisors with the ability to improve delivery, gain efficiency and implementing change / controls via appropriate metrics.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting and regulatory capital requirements.
- Knowledge of MIFID and awareness of the oversight required on Fund distributors.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Strong academic and employment background
- An enthusiastic, driven, self-starter.
- Able to work alone but within a broader team.
- A very strong team player.
- Highly organized and confident, with a strong ability to articulate and frame complex information.