Compliance Monitoring (Senior Manager) - Retail Banking
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Paragon Executive
- 23 Sep 16
An opportunity has arisen at Senior Manager level to lead the monitoring team at one of Irelands top retail banks. Reporting directly to the Head of compliance, the purpose of the role is to lead and manage the compliance risk assessment process, ensuring key compliance risks are identified and to develop and manage the monitoring programme
- Design and implement a risk-based approach to compliance monitoring for the banks Group of companies
- Develop and implement standards for the conduct of monitoring assignments including documentation and review requirements and a sampling methodology
- Develop a risk based compliance monitoring programme for approval at the Board Risk & Compliance Committee annually
- Undertake the annual monitoring programme, ensuring resources are assigned on a risk basis to the areas of greatest compliance risk
- Implement reporting for Senior Management and the Board on progress against plan and on the implementation of control improvements
- Manage the ongoing development of compliance risk identification/assessment methodologies
- Manage compliance investigations where necessary
- Manage the conduct of monitoring assignments to ensure that they are carried out to the required standard
- Undertake compliance monitoring assignments, present findings and recommendations to management to ensure agreement is reached and issues are addressed.
- Record and track the results of compliance monitoring activities and escalate and new or emerging issues where applicable
- Lead, motivate and develop the Monitoring Team while having the opportunity to work and direct senior group management
- Build and manage effective relationships with management and staff in business units
- Provide support to the business when issues arise and ensure the issues are dealt with efficiently and promptly.
- Irish compliance experience, preferably within the retail banking, regulation or Insurance industry.
- Strong communication and leadership skills with the ability to interact effectively at board level
- Strong interpersonal skills with exposure across industry an advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience at a management level in a compliance monitoring role or similar experience in internal/external audit with a strong regulatory focus
- A deep understanding of compliance law and regulation and how to apply it in a business environment, readily commanding confidence as an expert in your professional field
- Good understanding of compliance risks across the banking industry
- An appropriate professional qualification (ACOI, MIIA, ACA, ACCA or other relevant discipline).
- Solid understanding of data analysis tools and their use in a compliance monitoring environment
- Ability to balance attention to detail, to ensure accurate reporting and reconciliation, and also to see the bigger picture.
This Senior Manager of Compliance Monitoring role is an excellent opportunity to move in house to one of Ireland banking institutions. Reporting directly to the Head of compliance and working closely with the group’s Board and senior management, this role will be required to deliver and lead a team on specific aspects of advice on a risk-based approach to compliance monitoring for the banks Group of companies.
For a private and confidential conversation and for a full job description please contact
Ciarán O Connell on 01-8746770. Or email: email@example.com