Compliance and conduct Manger Banking
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Paragon Executive
- 26 Sep 16
A leading Irish bank now has a senior opportunity within their group Compliance department for Senior Compliance manager. Reporting to the Head of Conduct and Compliance the successful candidate will assist the business to operate in both the spirit and the letter of all laws, regulations and codes and contribute to reducing exposure to compliance and conduct risk of retail banking.
- Oversee delivery of the Compliance and Conduct Risk Framework and ensure conduct risks are identified, assessed, managed and reported
- Establish, monitor and challenge compliance and conduct Risk metrics, for example KRIs and MI to provide Group assurance and support issue escalation
- Support the Head of compliance and Conduct of Business Regulation and drive progress in the function, embed a compliance culture and ensure consistency of implementation
- Drive a forward looking Compliance and Conduct Risk agenda by promoting clear, transparent business engagement and collaboration
- Develop initiatives to stretch performance and provides opportunities for learning across the team
- Support and assist other team personnel on particular compliance initiatives/projects
- Liaise with regulators and external auditors to address enquiries and engage with them as required
- Promote the application and embedding of the Compliance and Conduct Risk Framework
- Review general queries and provide advice to the business in respect of compliance matters and maintain strong communications with staff across different departments of the group
- 5 to 8 years' experience at a management level in a Compliance role or similar experience in internal/external audit with a strong regulatory focus
- Be able to demonstrate previous experience in problem Solving & decision making while having a strong communication and influencing work ethic
- A deep understanding of regulation applying to the financial services industry and how to apply it in a business environment
- Strong understanding of compliance risks across the banking and financial services industry
- Strategic self-starter with proven ability to understand and see the bigger picture and interpret business challenges, recommending best practice improvements
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross-functional teams as well as senior management with strong interpersonal skills and ability to foster/manage relationships across multiple teams.
- LCOI designation or UK equivalent desirable (ACOI, MIIA, ACA, ACCA or other relevant discipline) would be preferable
- Excellent communication skills as well as good listening and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and an ability to work to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
The compliance manager role provides an opportunity to extend and develop one’s expertise in the wider compliance and conduct risk reemit of an expanding compliance function of a leading Irish bank, this role will be required to deliver specific aspects of advice and support while delivering a high performance compliance risk agenda.
For a private and confidential conversation and for a full job description please contact Ciarán O Connell on 01-8746770.