Data Protection CTF Specialist
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Paragon Executive
- 23 Sep 16
A leading assurance company has just created an exciting new opportunity within their compliance structure for a Data Protection CTF specialist. Support the Head of Compliance Monitoring and Senior Management, this opportunity will involve managing and advising on all Data Protection and Aml Regulations, interpretation of the applications of the regulations specific to the firm and oversight on the business proposals where relevant. The main driver of this role will be to ensure compliance for the upcoming legislation changes.
Data Protection CTF Specialist
- Act as a source of expertise and subject matter expert on relevant Data Protection and CFT regulatory requirements
- Manage compliance risk by ensuring all parts of the group are aware of and operate within all applicable regulatory frameworks.
- Review and provide advice on data privacy aspects
- Data Protection assessments/gap analysis, assessing controls across the lifecycle of personal data
- Advising organisations on Data Protection best practice and leading data protection advisory engagements including but not limited to delivering policies/procedures, training/awareness, personal data inventories/lifecycles, control re-design to clients
- Supporting and delivering internal data protection and CFT reviews
- Familiarity with public sources of information across most jurisdictions (stock exchanges, regulators, company registers) pertaining to client due diligence and CDD techniques
- Monitoring and implementing processes/policies for CTF/AML regulations.
- Remain up to date with upstream legislation and risk challenges facing the organisation.
- Assist in drafting and documenting procedures, policies and processes as necessary
- Facilitate regular and ad-hoc reporting to senior management and stakeholders.
- 3-5years’ experience in financial services/insurance with strong background in AML and Data Protection Compliance - legal or regulatory background preferred
- 3rd level Degree in Law, Business, Finance Economics or a related discipline
- Professional qualification (ACOI or other relevant discipline) would be preferable.
- Knowledge of key legislative/regulatory requirements including the upcoming Data Protection Act
- Open to exciting opportunities and a commitment to quality and strong attention to detail
- Confident approach with the ability to communicate with a range of people including regulators, external advisors and senior management within the business
- A team player, who can react positively to very demanding challenges and tight deadlines, without loss of accuracy
The Data Protection CTF specialist role provides a candidate with a great opportunity to demonstrate their skills knowledge and ability to lead and protect a market leading company with the interpretation of current regulations and the effect of the forthcoming Data Protection Regulations to the wider group.
For a private and confidential conversation and for a full job description please contact
Ciarán O Connell on 01-8746770. Or email: email@example.com