Regulatory Risk Compliance Manager
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Permanent, Full time
- Paragon Executive
- 26 Sep 16
A leading retail bank that now has a senior opportunity in their Compliance department for a Regulatory Risk Compliance Manager. Reporting to the Board and Senior Manager of Regulatory Risk and Policy, this opportunity will involve responsibility in meeting the regulatory obligations playing a key role in the managing framework for the regulatory risk assessment.
- Contribute to the development of the Group Compliance Policy and Framework and supporting Compliance policies and standards.
- Participate in the Regulatory Risk Assessment process; undertaking and reporting on a top down risk assessment at regular intervals.
- Ongoing assessment of upstream regulatory risks, ensuring that all regulatory developments of potent impact are identified, tracked and reported.
- Maintain a comprehensive register of all regulations impacting the Group, working with Senior Compliance Management to manage relevant aspects relating to Conduct of Business, Prudential and AML/Sanctions.
- Interpretation of new/amended regulations, including the update of the central register and the communication to Management.
- Support the Group Regulatory Compliance planning process, including tracking and reporting on an Annual Compliance Plan.
- Co-ordinate the reporting process for the Regulatory Compliance function ensuring high impact reports are prepared for presentation to Governance Committees
- Support the process for provision of reporting and MI to the key Board and Senior Management Committees on performance against the Group’s Risk Appetite
- Deliver high impact written reports and presentations on pertinent governance, regulatory risk management and upstream risk.
- Represent the Group in interactions with industry bodies. Ensure effective and efficient communication with external bodies (as required) while networking effectively amongst peers and contribute constructively in various for a re upstream regulation
- 5+ years’ experience at a management level in a financial services role, 3 of these years in a Regulatory Compliance or related role.
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. LCOI, Legal, Accounting or Risk Management) or be working towards same.
- Driven and enthusiastic energy towards delivering objectives and obtaining results.
- Strong influencing & communications skills with the confidence to deal with management and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Analyse situations where problems occur being able to make to make a difficult/unpopular judgement. Have the ability to think on your feet.
- Build an effective team and be able to collaborate with all areas of the Group
- In-depth knowledge of all relevant regulatory requirements and risk management and control systems in their area.
- Good understanding of regulatory risks across the banking industry with a strong relevant industry network
- Have the ability to correctly interpret financial information and put in place controls to deal with any issues or risks
- Good understanding of financial services regulation and how to apply it in a business environment, readily commanding confidence as an expert in your professional field
The Regulatory Risk Compliance Manager provides the opportunity to manage the framework for regulatory risk assessment, including monitoring upstream regulatory risk, for developing compliance policies and frameworks while reporting on regulatory risk and compliance management to key Board and Senior Management committees.
For a private and confidential conversation and for a full job description please contact Ciarán O Connell on 01-8746770. Or email: email@example.com