Technical Analyst - Change Management
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
Looking for 1-2 years of experience into service management. This role requires to make an appropriate response to Change requests requiring assessment of risk and business continuity, Change impact, resource requirements and Change approval.
Title: Technical Analyst - Change Management
Reports to: Technical Specialist - Change Management
The Technology function provides IT services to the Fidelity International business globally. These include the development and support of business applications that underpin our revenue, operational, compliance, finance and customer service functions. The broader organisation incorporates Infrastructure services that the firm relies on to operate on a day to day basis including data centre, networks, proximity services, security, voice, incident management and remediation.
Technology Infrastructure Services (TIS) is responsible for maintaining the Operating Environment which includes all infrastructure components and service restoration.
The Change Management function owns the centralised Change Management process and ensures a standardised implementation across all systems for efficient and prompt Change request handling to minimise risks to the Production environment. The team also administers change control over non-production environments. The team works in close coordination with other Technology and Business teams across the Asia Pacific, India and EMEA regions.
Purpose of your role
As part of the day to day job requirements the selected candidate will be required to make an appropriate response to Change requests requiring a considered approach to assessment of risk and business continuity, Change impact, resource requirements and Change approval. This considered approach is essential to maintain a proper balance between the need for Change against the impact of the Change.
- Review of all Change tickets for Production and Non-Production environments for clarity and completeness
- Carry out regular Change Management audit control checks
- Maintain and publish the Forward Schedule of Change calendar
- Provide governance and oversight for Change Management procedures in the larger context of FIL Service Management policies and teams
- Identify and highlight opportunities for continual process improvement
- Provide reports for senior Stakeholders and external customers
- Chair regular meetings (e.g. Change Advisory Board, Forward Schedule of Change)
Experience and Qualifications Required
- ITIL foundation level certification desirable
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to interpret technical information in order to provide clear and concise communication to stakeholders
- Proven track record of high level of customer service
- Confident demeanour when dealing with individuals/groups
- Strong analytical skills, able to work and manipulate data sets, draw conclusions, create reports etc
- Collaborative approach - ability to work well with others, communicating effectively and succinctly
- Good organisational and planning skills, with attention to detail
- Motivated, with a positive (can-do) and enthusiastic attitude
- Good documentation skills, including writing policies and procedures
- Ability to work with Audit (Internal & external) functions
- Must be flexible in approach to work content and responsibilities
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with a minimum of supervision