Technical consultant - SQL Server DBA
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
You will be responsible for working on Oracle database project delivery, production support and engineering activities.
Technology Department overview
In a digital, fast changing world, will you help differentiate us from the competition?
It's a technological world - our clients want to engage with us using creative websites, great apps and through a first class customer service team, all supported by best in class technology solutions that keep their data secure. We pride ourselves on being a technology-powered organisation where technology is at the heart of everything we do. Our teams are focussed and nimble to react quickly to changing market conditions. We embrace a "start-up" approach, supported by a large, global organisation that nurtures great talent. We value a diverse workforce that drives different opinions and great ideas, leading to innovation, creativity and measured risk taking.
If you are passionate about delivering change in a technological world, look to Fidelity.
Technology Infrastructure Services (TIS) is responsible for managing all infrastructure components globally, supporting business delivery projects and delivering TIS projects.
The function is divided into six core disciplines:
* Service Management - Major Incident Management, Problem and Change Management functions and 24/7 Bridge Operations.
* Technology Architecture and Engineering - define and drive overall Technology Architecture and Infrastructure strategy, alongside scope, design and engineering of Infrastructure solutions.
* Project Delivery - supporting the business by managing the delivery of infrastructure elements of change projects, along with the management of the Technology Infrastructure portfolios.
* Platform and Storage - design, engineering, implementation and operational support of infrastructure related to platform (Wintel, Linux and Unix), storage, backup and virtualisation.
* Network, Voice and Market Data - design, engineering, implementation and operational support of infrastructure related to global network technologies, UK Data Centres and market data services.
* Business Services - design, engineering, implementation and operational support for infrastructure related to PaaS, Digital, Web & Middleware, Collaboration and Data Services.
The Data Services group is responsible for design, engineering, implementation and operational support of all database technologies and data services platforms including replication, analytics, virtualisation and grid, Big Data as well as infrastructure data and analytics.
Purpose of your role
You will be responsible for working on SQL Server database project delivery, production support and engineering activities. Typically day to day activities include supporting database infrastructure, including solving production and pre-production issues, working on change, incidents, problems, service improvement and engineering initiatives. In addition to this you will act as a trusted technology advisor to the business, providing guidance and consultancy as required in your area of expertise.
This role demands exceptional technical skills with a focus to ensure maximum uptime of database infrastructure. Working as a fully integrated member of a global support team the successful candidate will play a pro-active role in the support of Fidelity's global database estate. The role requires strong SQL Server database technical skills across various Windows platforms.
The role will involve regular BAU (Business As Usual) and 24x7 on-call and weekend support from time to time.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Automation and process improvement of recurring database activities
- Identification and driving of database related service quality improvements and engineering deliverables.
- 24x7 support for Fidelity's database estate, including all production and lower environments.
- Rapid response to address high severity (severity 1, 2 and 3H) incidents.
- Pro-active issue detection and resolution as well as service monitoring.
- Support and delivery of assigned project work.
- Service restoration subsequent to unanticipated outages or disruptions.
- Driving root cause analysis and resolution to closure.
- Provision of technical support on a shift, on-call and rotational basis.
- Escalation as necessary to secure assistance and technical guidance from other Technology teams to resolve support issues.