- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Temporary, Part time
- 18 Aug 17
Intern (Part Time)
Location: Tokyo, Tokyo-to, JapanThe Role / Responsibilities:
- Assists with the delivery of various ratings projects through such tasks as gathering and collating data, preparation of data series and creative charting
- Works with the MD on various analytical and statistical assignments including preparing financial spreadsheets and undertaking financial modelling, which leads to first drafts of analytical summaries of quantitative and qualitative information
- Responsible for drafting meeting minutes as required, tags and prepares items for follow-up and proactively coordinates internally for resolution of outstanding issues. Schedules follow-up meetings and tracks completeness
- Attends project and other relevant meetings as an observer
- Monitors relevant news and appropriately flags relevant items / developments
- Proactively completes administrative tasks such as but not limited to preparation of materials for project meetings, other internal and/or external meetings
- Japanese translation and review translation of English reports
Ratings and Research Support
- Bachelor's degree / MBA student. Ideally has started or completed CFA Level 1
- Good accounting background (e.g., coursework and / or relevant work experience in accounting)
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills a must
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly
- May have some experience in a relevant field (preferred but not necessary)
- Fluency in Japanese
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.