Metals/Aluminium - Director Sales & Business Development, Japanese Automotive Industry. Location; Tokyo, Japan.
- Location: Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Salary: $100000 - $200000 per annum
- Job Type: Full time
100,000 - 200,000 USDMetals/Aluminium - Director Sales & Business Development, Japanese Automotive Industry. Location; Tokyo, Japan.
The Director of Sales & Business Development, Global Automotive is a key member of the Global metals / automotive transportation team with the primary responsibility of leading the strategy development for automotive and driving business development in the Japanese markets. In addition, the jobholder plays a key role as member of the innovation council, providing financial and strategic direction and leads integrated analyses of global markets, trends, customers, competitors, consumers, macro and micro economic trends. The job holder manages a team consisting of analysts and a business development manager. The successful candidates must have strong capability in building a strong customer base and establishing relationships with client’s particularly in Asia.
- Proposing the scope of work to the Management Team, including the strategic agenda of issues and opportunities facing the company, and the assessment of new commercial opportunities
- Ensuring the quality of the strategic information by setting the appropriate requirements from the companies regions, vetting and challenging the regions and key account directors, as well as the interpretation of the information for the company as a whole
- Organizing and synthesizing information for the alternatives review and implementation plan phases, towards actionable decisions on capital expenditure investments and business model improvement aimed at maximizing the value of the company
- Internal and external global supply and demand / capacity analysis, Particular focus will be on APAC/Japanese markets.
- Working with regional commercial and business leaders to align global view with regional views
- Set-up structured market & competitor intelligence process (linked with regional/global account activities)
- Spearhead the development, communication, and implementation of 5 yr automotive/transportation commercial strategy across regions and customers
- Determining the most appropriate pricing strategy, focusing on resource allocation and organizational structure and processes
- Research/study relevant markets to understand business potential for automotive industry and aluminium sales.
- Perform quantitative analysis and modelling to support insights and recommendations
- Support further leadership within the automotive organization through direct and indirect reports; this includes hiring, training, staff development, and performance management
- Identifying Strategic options and collaboration opportunities associated with the automotive Business including exploring and evaluating joint development opportunities and new geographic markets and products
- Coordinate with other business functions on automotive business related items; organize and prepare Global Automotive meetings
- Solid sales and marketing experience dealing with metals/aluminium products.
- Develop and foster strong relationships and loyalty with suppliers & customers to retain business in order to grow over supply.
- Streamlined the intermediaries in the business to deliver maximum value to the consumers.
- Business Development – create new markets for the company and increase regional market share/annual sales volume.
- Fast thinking, excellent communicator and good negotiator.
- Exceptional team player.
- Hard working and committed, be prepared to go the extra mile.
- 5-10+ years of experience in strategy & business development at Aluminium/metal suppliers to the auto industry, automotive tier1s or leading management consultancy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance; MBA preferred
- Previous experience as the market expert and go-to person for automotive business for both internal and external audiences
- Proven ability to support global business development, product development, and commercial excellence projects
- The position will be based in Tokyo, Japan.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Strong ability in managing client relationships, negotiating power, closing skills & presentation skills.
This role will offer a talented and experienced business development manager the chance to develop their career with a leading Aluminium producing company based in Tokyo, Japan. Candidates applying for the role should be entrepreneurial in nature, hard working, and initiative driven.
To apply please send a word copy of your resume to;