TK, Equities BA/PM, Senior Associate/VP
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 16 Aug 17
See job description for details
This role is a Project Manager within the front office IT of MS Japan covering cross-divisional large initiatives such as the enterprise wide program, regulatory or exchange mandated projects, and technology governance processes improvements. It will include the following responsibilities:
- Providing project management on regional initiatives to support the Equities business. This will include managing resources across multiple teams/locations.
- Working closely with the stakeholders (Equities business, Risk, and Compliance) and development managers to oversee and track the portfolio of technology initiatives being delivered for front office sales & trading.
- Interaction with other technology silos, operations and finance to coordinate front to back impact changes and testing.
- Assisting with managing the pipeline of work for the business and facilitating prioritization in line with current supply/demand.
- Driving business analysis and feasibility studies for potential projects.
- Adhering to and providing support for regional project and risk governance processes
- Establish and improve the regional technology governance processes as per local regulatory requirements.
- Minimum of 8 years of Professional experience, preferably at a major management financial institution or consulting firm.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry; preferably in an investment bank with sales and trading, finance, operations, or technology background.
- Solid understanding of Japanese regulations and exchange rules
- Japanese reading and writing skills are a must. Ability to understand the documents from the regulatory bodies and exchanges.
- Ability to face off senior business and technology stakeholders and manage the communications.
- Solid understanding of the Project Lifecycle (PLC) and System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) components
- Technical background/understanding preferable.
- Excellent verbal and written skill with ability to create high quality written products that are comprehensive, accurate, and tailored to the audience
- Outstanding interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization with excellent influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong analytic and problem solving/process improvement skills; ability to learn quickly and solve poorly defined problems
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to manage multiple demands and changing priorities.
- Overall experience in hands-on project management, specifically in information technology-related projects essent ial, and preferably supporting financial services businesses.