TK, QAPM, Incident Manager
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 29 Sep 16
See job description for details
The Enterprise Command Centre (ECC) is a global team that plays a mission critical role in the resolution of business impacting technology based incidents for a demanding Investment Bank. The regional team in Asia are looking for a candidate who can coordinate real-time service restoration with multiple subject matter experts and drive the resolution of business outages. The candidate must be able to accurately communicate the business and technology impact to IT Management, in written and oral formats, while maintaining strong service delivery. This position requires adaptability, organisational awareness, sound judgment, and a strong analytical ability. Prior experience within a large enterprise is preferred.
This is a challenging role that provides extensive opportunities for learning new technologies, making new contacts throughout IT in Europe, Asia and the Americas, influencing the way the IT department operates, and also interfacing with senior IT Management.
Incident Management is the key function of the ECC but the team also cover other responsibilities including: Problem Management, Change Management and the planning of major events at the divisional level.
The responsibilities include:
- Management of Severe (S1) and Major (S2) impacting incidents, primarily involving large scale infrastructure issues or high risk data or application issues.
- Undertake post incident reviews, with the focus on identifying process or operational improvements
- Providing team coverage throughout the trading day starting from 07:30 on a shift basis.
- Participation in the team's weekend on call rota when sufficient team experience has been gained.
- Execution of major event projects managed by the ECC such as data centre and/or major people center power downs and large-scale enterprise changes or external events.
- Involvement in the planning, communication, process management and sign-offs associated with ECC-managed events.
- Coordination with the global ECC and Business Continuity Process/Disaster Recovery team on any testing that is part of an ECC-managed event.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written). The ability to communicate confidently and clearly on conference calls, in meetings, via email, etc. at all levels of the organisation is essential.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proven troubleshooting skills within a support environment including a strong sense of commitment and drive towards incident resolution.
- Client focus and ownership, use of own initiative and a proactive approach to work.
- Ability to facilitate conversations with large groups of remote people.
- Crisis management skills: able to set priorities, pursue multiple threads at the same time, accurately reflect current state and drive towards desired state.
- Ability to maintain calm during stressful situations.
- Ability to translate technical incidents into business terms.
- Aptitude for, and interest in, learning new technologies.
- Adaptability to new processes and expectations.