TK, Trading System Engineer, Associate
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 17 Jan 17
See job description for details
This is an opportunity to work on a high profile trading system that executes a significant amount of flow for the firm across various divisions. This is a high-throughput, real-time trading system responsible for the trading of Stocks, Listed Derivatives, Bonds, etc..
The opening is for an Integration Engineer, responsible for managing the complex and highly distributed production environment, designing new trading functionality and workflows front to back, deploying upgrades to the system, come up with innovative ways to automate work via scripting (Perl/Python), troubleshooting problems, interfacing with out traders, etc.. Note that we do have Level 1&2 support teams, and the support required for this role only reaches us once it has passed those front line support groups.
The system is comprised of C++ applications running on Linux, with C# and Java trading front ends that run on our user's desktops. We work in a global team environment, and thus require someone who can share ideas and express themselves well.
- strong UNIX / Linux skills, the majority of the system runs on Linux
- scripting (Perl, Shell, etc.)
- Database (SQL, DB design, etc.)
- strong interpersonal skills, we need someone who interacts well with the team as well as the users
- you need to be able to handle pressure and think quickly on your feet. We have tight deadlines, and production problems need to be debugged and fixed quickly.
- the desire to learn!