Trade and Market Surveillance - Associate
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan McKinley - Tokyo
- 20 Jul 16
A new opportunity to work for a top security-clearing bank in Japan, completing trade surveillance, market risk and compliance duties, to ensure a robust business for our international clients.
- Surveillance and investigation of potential fraudulent activities and monitoring of pre trade limits.
- Analyse suspicious activity which includes manipulative or illegal transactions. Capture of necessary information from clients and exchangers to enable successful completion of this process and ensure the integrity of the business.
- Contribute to management reports, ensuring that senior managers are fully aware of all trading activity, providing both quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Work closely with Credit and Market Risk to develop accurate profiles on clients, including trade limits. Help advise on any limits set.
- Build strong relationships with clients, informing them of pre trading limits and answering any questions about trading systems.
- Develop a deep understanding of the markets and systems and how this affects trading activities and changes the risk profile for the business in Japan. Communicated this with senior managers. Be the subject matter expert for all trading activity in Japan.
- Knowledge and experience of market and trade surveillance.
- Knowledge of trading procedures, processes and regulations within Japan.
- Exposure to trading on exchanges in Japan.
- Deep understanding of trade surveillance within compliance.
- Experience of Risk Management, either Market or Credit.
- Ability to work as part of a small but dynamic team, taking responsibility for all trade and market surveillance activities and facing off to senior managers.
- Strong communication skills in English, with ability to communicate with colleagues in Japanese.
About our client
A large global bank that offers world-class security-clearing services for international clients in Japan. This includes financing, direct market access and clearing and post trade services.