Fund Controller (M/F)
- Ettlebruk, Diekirch, Luxembourg
- Permanent, Full time
- DO Recruitment Advisors
- 18 Sep 17
Hi All! I am currently recruiting for a Fund Controller for an asset manager in Luxembourg. The ideal candidate has +4 years experience in fund accounting / administration, is a motivated self starter and has a fluent level in English.
Our client is seeking to recruit a highly motivated individual to play an important role in their Fund Control department, who would report to the team manager in the Luxembourg office. Principal responsibilities will include:
- Build strong working relationships with Administrators, Depositaries and Prime Brokers;
- Ownership and identification of process enhancement projects to assess the effectiveness and viability in improving the Fund Control function;
- Enhance the framework for NAV oversight, and provide management reporting on a periodic basis to allow management to access the integrity of the NAV production process;
- Fund performance monitoring across all domiciles;
- Develop a framework for oversight of Custodians, and provide management reporting on a periodic basis;
- Provide operational risk assessments of current processes, identify issues that arise/could arise on the funds, and work with stakeholders to resolve these on a proactive basis;
- Work with other functional teams, such as Product Development, Legal, Tax, Risk and Governance on:
- Involvement in conceptualizing new fund products;
- Research new product requirements, both internally with other functional teams, and also externally with service providers;
- Ensure markets are open for new fund launches;
- Provide analysis on operating expenses to determine the asset levels at which funds are profitable;
- Engage the client transition management process for new and existing clients, in relation to asset-in-kind transfers;
- Attend cross-functional meetings, and provide operational expertise and recommendations.
Work on various and changeable tasks to support other business functions. This could include, but is not limited to:
- Help support the financial statements function;
- Recognize areas of reporting inefficiency between the service providers and within the company, and collaborate with internal system consultants to develop and integrate customized automated reports.
The Candidate Profile:
The successful candidate is likely to:
- Hold an undergraduate degree;
- Have around 5 years of professional experience working in the funds industry. Ideally this will include a background in UCITS and regulated alternative funds domiciled in Europe;
- Be technically proficient in relation to Microsoft software , Excel, VBA and/or Access;
- Be able to synthesize information quickly;
- Be able to identify, research and resolve unfamiliar issues
- Have strong analytical skills, and attention to detail along with demonstration of strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Have a team-oriented, collaborative attitude;
- Demonstrate career progression to date, perhaps including previous management of a team or service provider relationship;
- Fluency in English is required, and other European language is considered an advantage.
Our client is an asset manager based in the city centre of Luxembourg.