Credit Risk Manager
- Permanent, Full time
- Rakuten Europe S.à.r.l.
- 28 Sep 16
We are seeking a hands on Credit Risk Manager to set up and manage the credit risk operations in a dynamic and fast paced environment. You should be a self-starter that can operate with limited supervision. You will establish underwriting and credit granting processes, policies and guidelines, as well as monitor, track, and report to senior management on underwriting and collection activities and performance. Duties will include organization, planning, and directing of underwriting and collection activities for REB. You will make decisions on significant exceptions to credit policy and procedures. This position reports to the Chief Risk Officer.
JOB TITLE: Credit Risk Manager (m/f)
PURPOSE OF ROLE & EMPLOYING ENTITY DESCRIPTION
Rakuten Europe Bank S.A. started operating as a bank in 2016. Prior to that it was known as Rakuten Payment Services S.A. a Payment Institution intermediating payments between the consumers and the merchants on the Rakuten's European e-commerce platforms. Rakuten Europe Bank S.A. is situated in the very heart of the city of Luxembourg and will soon be offering a range of banking products. In Luxembourg, we have a great team with people from all over Europe and beyond - 16 countries and growing!
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
The Credit Risk function reviews, underwrites, structures, and documents new and renewal term and revolving credit products for Rakuten Europe merchants (mostly SMBs). You will supervise activities to ensure the function is properly operating, identifying, gathering, and analysing relevant information to assess credit risk, determine sources of repayment, create appropriate loan structures, approve/decline credit requests, and ensure compliance with applicable regulations, credit policy, credit procedures, and the company’s credit philosophy in an effort to mitigate loss, delinquency, and overall risk.
Expectations for this position require the ongoing focus on building solid and long lasting internal and external relationships by engaging stakeholders in a positive manner and ensuring customer’s best interests are our number one priority. Consistency around customer experience is a key success factor.
- Contribute to underwriting policy and procedures to improve on our underwriting and risk management practices.
- Administer policy, procedures, and standards related to Credit Risk
- Define underwriting criteria for automated pre-scoring
- Ability to analyse application data including financial statements, bank statements, credit card statements, and business and personal credit reports
- Provide direction, leadership, and support to team members when solving for complex and unusual situations
- Develop the team as the business grows with emphasis on quality, customer service, and retention through ongoing coaching and training sessions
- Identify and develop continuous process improvement opportunities to correct deficiencies, improve efficiency, and reduce costs
- Assist in development and implementation of short and long term goals and objectives.
- Evaluate and provide recommendations for policy exceptions
- Working knowledge of KYC and AML regulations
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, or related discipline. MBA a plus.
- 5-10 years of commercial lending, credit, or underwriting experience
- Solid credit fundamentals in a commercial environment. Formal credit training a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong analytical and intuitive investigative skills
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret business financial statements
- Must be detailed oriented
- Ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in oral, written, or schedule form.
- Ability manage multiple tasks and prioritize workflows
- Strong independent decision making capabilities
- Fluency in English and French mandatory
WHAT WE OFFER
- Interesting and challenging fast paced environment
- A chance to shape and build the business and inspiration to make a difference
- Open and respectful multicultural environment
- Professional, passionate, ambitious, but friendly team
- Possibility for professional growth and international assignments
- Your recruiter will answer your questions about benefits or working conditions that are specific to different European locations
- Innovative and flexible people full of energy
- Friendly team player with a professional mind-set
- Those who can think for themselves and take action
- Willing to work in a dynamic, multicultural and global environment where multilingual skills are a big asset
- Ambitious to grow as an individual within the company
- Passionate about working in a global company which wants to make a difference by empowering society.
Since the founding of the Internet shopping mall Rakuten Ichiba in 1997, it has been our corporate mission to empower people and society through the Internet, while aiming to become the No. 1 Internet services company in the world.
Rakuten has expanded into a diverse array of one-stop online services in Japan across the three pillars of e-commerce, digital content and financial services.
Rakuten is now accelerating its overseas expansion and growing its regional businesses with offices across Europe. Rakuten Europe comprises of various functions, including the management and support of our businesses by the Regional Headquarters in Luxembourg. In Europe we have e-commerce marketplaces including Priceminister in France and Rakuten.de in Germany. In addition to our logistics business ADS (based in France) and Rakuten Marketing, Rakuten is expanding its digital content offering which now includes Rakuten Kobo, Wuaki.tv and Viber end-user mobile application amongst others. Today Rakuten Group is in the Top 10 of global e-commerce companies and was selected by Forbes to be in the Top 20 of World’s Most Innovative Companies in three consecutive years.
If you are interested in becoming part of an organization that aims to empower society and become the World’s best, join the company where YOU shape the future. Come and work with us!