Head of Unit for IT Risk Software Solutions
- Contract, Full time
- European Investment Bank
- 26 Sep 16
The EIB, the European Union's bank is seeking to for its Corporate Services Directorate (CS) - Information Technology (IT) – Business Services Department (BSD) - Risk Management & Best Banking Practice Division (RB) – Financial, Liquidity & Operational Risk Unit (FLO) at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a: Head of Unit for IT Risk Software Solutions.
This is a full time position
The term of this contract will be 4 years
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract subject to organisational reqCouirements and individual performance.
Within the Business Services Department, the primary role of the Risk Management and BBP Division is to deliver IT solutions and services in the fields of Risk Management and Business Intelligence. The Division comprises three units: Credit Risk & Regulatory, Data Warehouse & Reporting and Financial, Liquidity & Operational Risk.
The Head of the Financial, Liquidity & Operational Risk Unit will manage a team of 8 IT software specialists in charge of large IT projects in the fields of financial, liquidity and operational risk, in accordance with the requirements of the Risk Management Directorate. S/he will drive the lifecycle process of multiple software solutions, including project roadmaps, analysis, design, implementation and maintenance.
Operating Network and Specific Post Environment
The incumbent will report directly to the Head of the Risk Management & Best Banking Practice Division.
S/he will interact with Managers and representatives of the Department(s) using the systems and other IT Units, and deal with suppliers of software development staff and software vendors.
The Head of Unit will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the definition of the EIB’s IT Risk Applications strategy, in close cooperation with business areas.
- Proposing ideas to develop new technical solutions in the area of risk management.
- Establishing and managing the resources and means necessary to achieve the formulated objectives and implement work plans for projects in assigned functional area(s).
- Ensuring that staff within the Unit has the right competencies, objectives and motivation in order to realise the overall IT strategy, policies and objectives.
- Managing the overall maintenance and support activities for IT applications in own domain in order to ensure the reliability of existing applications and best quality services to customers.
- Supervising and coaching whenever necessary IT Applications Officers in project management.
- Providing - or ensuring the availability of - technical expertise and recommendations on Information Solutions in own area in order to ensure that applications are conceived, built and managed in line with the EIB’s requirements and EIB/IT’s standards and methodologies.
- University degree preferably in Computer Science, Finance/Risk or related studies
- At least 5 years of experience in the risk management and software development fields
- At least 5 years’ experience in leading and coordinating IT teams and proven track record of success
Key technical/professional knowledge and skills
- Extensive knowledge of project management principles, methods and practices
- Technical IT expertise, including design, development, implementation and maintenance of risk management solutions
- A good working knowledge of risk management, Basel banking regulations and financial instruments
- Experience in installing, configuring and supporting complex risk packages such as IBM AlgoSuite and SAS OpRisk
- Management of budgets and IT service contracts
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French (*), with a working knowledge of the other
- Change Orientation: Ability to drive change and innovation to realise the Bank’s mission and strategy
- Providing Direction: Aptitude to provide direction by translating organisational objectives and strategic direction into team and individual actions
- Delegation: Capacity to delegate responsibility and provide others with the means and authority to act within their own area of responsibility
- Coaching and Development: Ability to guide and develop others to make the most of their skills and potential
- Commitment: Aligns behaviour with the interests of the EIB in a committed way and supports diversity policies
- Teamwork and Communication: Takes a co-operative approach within the team, sharing knowledge and information. Seeks to promote harmony within the team and contribute to team processes
- Reliability: Demonstrates a focus on achieving results and objectives. Meets commitments and takes responsibility for personal performance
- Integrity: Maintains high standards of honesty and trustworthiness. Considers ethical implications of issues and decisions
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
Deadline for applications: 30th September 2016
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates; irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability