Internal Auditor (M/F)
With almost 40 years’ experience in Luxembourg, East-West United Bank S.A. (EWUB) is a Russian capital bank inaugurated in Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg in 1974. Acting as a business partner dedicated to building and protecting clients’ interests and to providing them with tailor-made financial solutions, the bank’s long-standing traditions have been successfully adapted to modern society’s needs and in 2013, the Bank has recorded a profit on its operations for the fifteenth consecutive year.
EWUB acts as a two-way bridge between the East and the West connecting Russian and CIS businesses to Europe and helping European partners to be established in Russia.
More information is available on our website: www.ewub.lu and on our Facebook page “EWUB Luxembourg”.
Purpose of the position
The Internal Auditor will have the responsibility of the entire Internal Audit function. This includes the examination and evaluation of the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the organisation’s internal control systems and procedures and recommendation of corrective actions to improve operations enhance internal controls and reduce costs where possible. Currently outsourced, this position will evolve from a centralisation and coordination with Internal Audit service providers to the setting up of an autonomous Internal Audit department within the Bank.
Main duties & Responsibilities
The main duties & responsibilities consist in:
Update and maintain the Internal Audit Charter;
Ensure the application of the international standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors or equal international standards independently and objectively;
Help the Bank to reach its organizational objectives and assess whether the internal procedures and governance arrangements are adequate and operate effectively, especially evaluating inter alia:
- Compliance with the laws, regulations and prudential requirements imposed by the CSSF;
- Efficiency and effectiveness of internal controls;
- Operation and effectiveness of the compliance and risk control functions.
Ensure coordination with external auditors and other units regarding the annual audit cycle;
Establish a multi-year Internal Audit plan and ensure its proper execution;
Coordinate with other functions and provide support and constructive feedback in order to improve competencies;
Ensure the follow-up of the measures taken by the Management regarding the Internal Audit;
Lead ad-hoc investigations when requested by the Board of Directors or its committees;
Provide structured, independent and factual memos and reports on missions and controls.
Job Holder profile
- Master’s degree in Finance, Business Administration or related fields;
- Excellent knowledge of banking/financial business operations and risk-based auditing attained through at least 5 years of experience in a similar function in Luxembourg;
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation is preferred;
- Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building, problem solving, and timely problem escalation;
- Detail oriented but able to quickly grasp the big picture;
- Fluent and literate in French and English, Russian is considered as an asset.