AML Analyst, Financial Crime Surveillance Unit
- RM3000 - RM4400
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Scope International (M) Sdn Bhd
- 06 Sep 16
1. Analyst prime responsibility is to support the Senior Analyst, Managers to meet their obligations in terms of local laws, regulations and Group Policies and Standards for the prevention of money laundering. To provide pro-active support to TM Unit in the respective country and ensure all Group standards of conduct are followed, so as to protect and enhance the reputation of the Bank with its regulators and avoid significant financial loss. 2. To promote, throughout TM Unit, the culture and practice of Compliance within the letter and spirit of regulatory requirements and ethical standards in the conduct of business.
- Support Unit Manager/ Assistant Manager/ Senior Analyst in developing controls and procedures relating to transaction monitoring.
- Investigate the alerts to identify any unusual transaction and creation of a case for such transactions for second level review escalation. Adhere to the standard process for investigation of alerts and cases (exceptions in line with country specific requirements) Processing of alerts and cases should be within the TAT and should adhere the quality guidelines.
- Assist the Senior Analyst in meeting timelines on QA performance and sending QA data to countries/KCSA checks on QA month on Month
- Participate in system testing and other activities required for the running of the unit.
- Assist / Train new staff as per the defined OJT process.
- Preparation of risk toolkits.
- Update Performance reports on a daily basis.
- Assist the Senior Analyst in preparation of any MIS activity.
- When required by the business, act as the backup for the senior analyst.
- Get cross-trained in all the process within the unit.
- Get cross-trained at least in one another TM unit and other DS rules which are not currently applicable for the country.
- Ensure significant issues identified are reported and escalated in a timely manner.
- Ensure regulatory requests received from country relating to AML are promptly attended to.
- Participate in IT initiatives and assist Managers / Senior Analyst in managing database and systems used by the unit.
- Cooperate and support the management in implementation of any other initiative that may arise during the course of the year.
- Professional with core compliance or business skills.
- Effective collaborative skills that contribute to positive working relationships with counterparts in TM Unit and the business.
- Basic knowledge of applicable AML Laws and Regulations of the respective country and the ability to interpret and apply them to actual situations.
- Detailed understanding of relevant Group and local policies and standards.
- Good knowledge of banking products and support structure.
- Good judgment. An inquisitive approach to practices and procedures. Personal authority and integrity. Independence and resilience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.