Manager, Regulatory Compliance
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 03 Sep 16
Please view Job Description for details.
- Promote, lead and manage the culture and practice of Country compliance with the letter and spirit of regulatory requirements and ethical standards in the conduct of business.
- To provide Group and Country leadership with confidence that businesses and functions are operating within prevailing laws, regulations and Group procedures, and that associated control effort is proportionate to risk, and work towards optimising relationship with regulators and balancing the needs of various stakeholders.
- To provide independent assurance of compliance to internal and external obligations Responsibility also extends to activities supporting SCSB (Saadiq) as well as the Group, its subsidiaries, related and associate companies as and when it is required, unless it is prohibited by local laws or regulations.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Dissemination of local laws and guidelines
- Ensure proactive and timely identification, dissemination and advice of regulatory changes and practices and associated risks, and control measures
- Provide stakeholders with the advice necessary to ensure that the Bank and its subsidiaries operate in accordance with relevant local requirements and standards of the regulatory system, Group standards, and the code of conduct so as to protect and enhance the reputation of the Bank.
- Ensure business functions are in compliance with laws and regulations and Group policies through a detailed understanding of local regulatory requirements and close coordination with Country Compliance Advisers and Business
- Advise and provide support on compliance issues as required and proactively monitor regulatory developments
- Set and maintain standards of compliance risk management through an effective process of risk identification, assessment, mitigation.
- Provide assurance of compliance to key obligations through engagement with business functions and verification of the gap analysis and completed actions.
- Raise awareness of, and address, Compliance and regulatory risks and issues by providing specific guidance and or training on regulations and compliance policies.
- Stakeholder Management
- Proactively engage with stakeholders to ensure that the Country Compliance function's objectives and priorities are aligned with business direction and that compliance risks are considered throughout the product life-cycle.
- Assist with the timely submission of compliance related reports to the Board of Directors, Group and Regional Compliance coordinating with relevant parties to obtain all required information
- Proactively identify and analyse compliance trends or issues and provide solutions for escalation to Senior Management
Qualifications and Skills
- Good knowledge of banking policies and procedures
- Knowledge of country regulations will be an advantage but not a prerequisite
- Strong analytical and leadership skills will be looked upon favorably
- An inquisitive approach to practices, procedures and specific transactions
- Independence and robustness
- Personal authority, integrity, and ethics.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and use of technology.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.