Senior Manager, Compliance Monitoring Review
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 02 Sep 16
Please view Job Description for details.
- Promote, lead and manage the culture and practice of Country compliance with the letter and spirit of regulatory requirements and ethical standards in the conduct of business.
- To provide Group and Country leadership with confidence that businesses and functions are operating within prevailing laws, regulations and Group procedures, and that associated control effort is proportionate to risk, and work towards optimising relationship with regulators and balancing the needs of various stakeholders.
- To provide independent assurance of compliance to internal and external obligations through a coordinated programme of Compliance Reviews and Monitoring.
- Responsibility also extends to activities supporting SCSB (Saadiq) as well as the Group, its subsidiaries, related and associate companies as and when it is required, unless it is prohibited by local laws or regulations.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Support Head of Regulatory Compliance to develop and embed a high performance team in the delivery of all activities across the Regulatory Compliance function to meet regulatory requirements
- Drive delivery of the country Compliance Monitoring plan CMR and adhoc reviews request
- Provide functional leadership and strategic direction to embed a high performance culture within the Compliance Monitoring function.
- Provide the leadership and support necessary to ensure that all elements of the Country Compliance Monitoring function work to a collective strategic agenda, providing an integrated compliance risk management capability and meet regulatory
- Proactively drive compliance improvements and assist in the overseeing of bank-wide compliance related projects where relevantRegulatory Relationship Management
- Responsible for ensuring the Bank is properly prepared for Regulatory inspections
- Maintain good relationships with regulatory bodies through the execution of a structured regulatory relationship plan.
- Development and execution of an integrated country plan that includes planned and adhoc reviews of regulatory obligations.
- Delivery of a comprehensive risk-based Compliance Review and Monitoring programme annually and a 3-year plan aligned to the Compliance Risk Profile and Group Compliance Risk Assessment
- Set and maintain standards of compliance risk management through an effective process of risk identification, assessment, mitigation
- Proactively engage with stakeholders to ensure that the Country Compliance Monitoring function's objectives and priorities are achieved
- Ensure timely submission of compliance related reports to the Board of Directors, Group and Regional Compliance coordinating with relevant parties to obtain all required information
- Proactively identify and analyse compliance trends or issues and provide solutions for escalation to Senior Management
- Support the operational risk framework by creating synergy with other functions providing assurance activities
- Contribute to effective management of compliance and operational risk for the compliance function in Malaysia
- Ensure all audit/ review issues highlighted by regulators/ Audit are adequately address and remedial actions taken
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong project management skills with ability to prioritize and handle a stretching, diverse workload
- A self-starter with a hands-on style and determination to make a difference
- The capability to operate independently and with the maturity to run with several significant reviews and compliance initiatives in parallel
- Strong Leadership, Strategic Thinking and Analytical capabilities, and Communication skills.
- An inquisitive approach to practices, procedures and specific transactions with a value-added mentality
- Ability to influence and work collaboratively with colleagues across Compliance (i.e. Business, Regional and Country), Operational Risk, Group Internal Audit, and other respective Business and Group Functions
- Good judgement enabling the provision of sound advice in difficult areas of law, regulation and practice and the proactive management of compliance and regulatory risk
- Personal authority, integrity, and ethics
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.