Senior Test Engineer
- RM4000 - RM5500
- Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Scope International (M) Sdn Bhd
- 06 Sep 16
The Senior Test Engineer must work with the test and application team(s) to validate the quality of the product delivered to the stakeholders as per GTM/group standards. They are also responsible for highlighting risks to the test manager and/or business stakeholders through timely and precise execution of manual/automated test scripts under minimal supervision.
- Identify issues in requirements, design specifications, application architecture and product documentation.
- Develop test specifications based on various requirement documents within schedule constraints.
- Develop test bed and/or test data and verify test environments (based on project requirements).
- Perform functional and technical test execution activities (automated testing, where applicable) as per project engagement.
- Constant communication and follow up with various stakeholders during test planning and execution phases.
- Log software application defects (in standard defect management tools) and track it to closure.
- Report and update test status promptly and accurately.
- Assist the test lead in managing day-to-day testing activities, such as test monitoring and status reporting.
- Participate in project meetings to provide feedback and statistics of the project in relation to the test quality.
- Conduct reviews and inspections of project deliverables (for small size projects).
- Good understanding and able to apply test processes laid down within GTM, and/or standards as defined by project and SCB.
- Comply with the software quality management practices and policies (defined by QMF).
- Responsive to customer and project needs, as well as managing customer expectations.
- Establish a close working rapport with project team to understand issues and risks underlying the project.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
- At least 4-6 year(s) of working experience in the testing environment is required for this position.
- High expertise in Programming languages like Ruby & Java.
- Proven experience in Test Tools like UFT, Cucumber – Selenium or other industry standard tools.
- Experienced in Test Program Management, Test Manual & Automation exposure (Scripting).
- Other skill set (s): Hadoop, Teradata, SAS, MSTR, JIRA, AGILE, Test Automation, Test & Project Management.
- This requirement is in the banking (Channels, Wealth or Trade) domain and experience in delivering large test management programs in a BFSI and distributed environment is a definite plus.
- Excellent communication & co-ordination skills.
- High degree of ownership & self drive to drive issues to closure.