Corporate Compliance KYC Tax Expert
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Aug 17
Corporate Compliance KYC Tax Expert
ING is looking for...
a Corporate Compliance KYC Tax Expert
The role refers to a global position within Corporate Compliance with a focus area on international tax transparency laws and regulations such as FATCA1, QI2 regime, OECD3 CRS4 and US withholding tax and information reporting. The Compliance Expert provides advice and develops standards and tools to support ING Bank globally in embedding compliance requirements in their day-to-day work processes.
1 FATCA: Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act
2 QI: Qualified Intermediary
3 OECD: Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development
4 Common Reporting Standard
- Develop, write, roll-out and support the implementation of FATCA, QI, CRS and US Withholding Tax Compliance policies in line with the Internal Control Framework Binding Principles and develop related (monitoring) tools. This includes drafting of guidance materials, managing the waiver process and acting as an escalation point
- Assist with providing support to the Tier 1 Compliance community (business lines and entities) in their advisory role towards Tier 1 first line of defence in interpreting tax transparency policies and support them in translating global requirements into local procedures
- Support and cooperate with the Functional Oversight Compliance Team in monitoring the global embedding of tax transparency compliance policies
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to set up and participate in Compliance tax transparency expertise platform to pro-actively share knowledge and give / receive support with the purpose to strengthen the Compliance community and leverage on collective knowhow and capacity
- Coordinate and support the development of training and awareness on tax transparency regulations
- Keep up to date with trends and best practices in the international tax transparency legislation (global, EU and US)
- Assist Corporate Compliance Management in embedding the compliance strategy within ING Bank
Your Work Environment
The Corporate Compliance department supports ING Bank in being compliant with applicable laws, regulations and reasonable expectations of society at large as well as being the preferred bank for its customers by ensuring that it does the right things, the right way with integrity. This entails that every employee within ING Bank respects the Orange Code, the letter and spirit of applicable laws, regulations, as well as policies, standards.
The KYC Tax team is part of ING Corporate Compliance positioned at the ING headquarters in Amsterdam. This position reports to the Team Lead for KYC Tax.
The Corporate Compliance vision is: Every ING employee will have the drive and ability to protect the bank and its customers from compliance risks, making ING Bank a benchmark in the Banking sector.
The Corporate Compliance mission is: Compliance enables ING Bank to be the primary bank for its customers by ensuring that it is doing the right thing, the right way, with integrity.
Who we are looking for
- Experience in the financial services industry is needed, preference is having worked with all tax transparency regulations (FATCA, QI, CRS and US Withholding Tax) and are proficient in the content and operational knowhow, or capable to learn within a short period of time
- 4+ years of relevant experience advising, either in the field of Compliance or in a tax transparency or risk related position
- Skilled in policy writing, roll-out, and implementation
- Skilled in control testing and control monitoring
- Skilled in developing training and awareness
- Ability to keep up to date with industry trends and best practices
- An academic degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- Willingness and ability to regularly travel abroad
- Demonstrates initiative and drive for results in approach to assignments
- Possesses a 'can do' approach and a passion for the subject matter
- Strong analytical skills as well as a keen eye for detail
- Proficient with data analytics
- Project coordination (tracking and tracing actions/issues/risks to resolution)
- Strong and effective written and verbal communication skills - fluent in written and spoken English
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team structure and manage challenging deadlines
- Ability to build effective working relationships and thrive in a diversified and multicultural work environment
- Organized and flexible - ability to manage multiple projects / assignments
What we offer
We offer a challenging and stimulating working environment, a working week of 36/40 hours with a salary scale 11.
Apply directly online, click on Apply for this job. For further inquiries, please contact Lauren McLane, Team Lead for KYC Tax, on + 31 6 38 45 79 78 or email@example.com . We are looking forward to your application. For more information on vacancies check www.ING.nl/carriere.